The Evil Within (Buyer Beware)

Started by bboyer66, October 15, 2014, 02:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bboyer66

  The Evil Within is being bashed pretty hard. Here are two of my favorite reviewers giving their impressions.




Bison

Well this isn't boding well for I game I was considering for a future purchase.

RooksBailey

#2
It doesn't surprise me.  After all the adverts and press, I still couldn't tell you what the game is about, or why I would want to play it.

EDIT:  I loved the first reviewers comment about hiding in lockers.  I haven't played Outlast nor Alien, but I am already sick of the locker schtick.  I couldn't believe it when I saw it in Alien.  And now it is in this game too!   :uglystupid2:  The reviewer is right on!
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Gusington

^The new Thief is rife with locker-hiding too.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

^^ And Styx, the Orcs and Men sequel(?).

Apparently there's even a mechanic where Styx can learn to cast illusions which hide in closets, make noise, and then jump out and murder those who investigate, dragging them into the closet.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bboyer66

I'm going to get a locker put in my house.... just in case.