Steam Thanksgiving Sale is underway

Started by MuzzyDev, November 26, 2014, 08:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Are the Steam sale prices fluctuating during this sale, or are they static?

I ask because I thought for sure I saw Wargame Red Dragon on sale for $10, but now it's $20.  Maybe it was $20 all along.  Same with Spin Tires. 

I'm not sure if it's like the Xmas sale where the prices change daily, or if everything is locked in.  Any help appreciated!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Toonces on November 29, 2014, 07:15:42 PM

I ask because I thought for sure I saw Wargame Red Dragon on sale for $10, but now it's $20.  Maybe it was $20 all along.  Same with Spin Tires. 

I'm not sure if it's like the Xmas sale where the prices change daily, or if everything is locked in.  Any help appreciated!

Yeah, I thought originally I saw red dragon listed for $9 until Dec. 1st so I held off to see what else came up, but now back to regular price.  Although not $9, you can get for $16 from GMG with the coupon code of B9J1L1-0AZCS9-S0IASV.  I am in no hurry so I will see what comes up at the xmas sales.

Cyrano

Tactics has some of my favorite in-game cinematics ever...and it was a pretty cool game at the time.  Curious to see how it weathers.

Boy has 4 hours into Goat Simulator and would have more if permitted.  Not to take it in any way seriously, but it does make the point that, at least at a certain age, there's something to be said for toys rather than games...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Toonces

Thanks Grim.  Yeah, I was pretty sure I saw it in the $10 range, as well as Spin Tires.  When I saw them I added them to my cart but then got distracted before I checked out.  I didn't think I would impulse buy those games at $20 each...my impulse buy threshold is around $5-10.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on November 29, 2014, 07:15:42 PM

Wargame Red Dragon was on one of their Daily Deals. 

I suspect that means they will offer it at the Daily Deal price again at the end of the sale..?  You just gotta be quick, Grasshoppa.

sandman2575

Age of Wonders III for $13.59  --  yea, or nay? 

(that is, for someone who is only lukewarm on this genre -- have Fallen Enchantress, and like the concept, but have only put in a few hours since I bought it a long time ago.  Have avoided Endless Legend, Eador, Warlock, etc. etc., just out of general lack of interest...)

Gusington

^Definite YEA. Great game. Offers probably hundreds of hours of play and I've just scratched the surface. AI is solid too.

BTW Fallout:Tactics has dropped to 2.99 for those interested.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

I grabbed Fallout: Tactics back a while on GOG but it's one of the games they had to drop from their lineup.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

Quote from: sandman2575 on November 30, 2014, 02:21:30 PM
Age of Wonders III for $13.59  --  yea, or nay? 

(that is, for someone who is only lukewarm on this genre -- have Fallen Enchantress, and like the concept, but have only put in a few hours since I bought it a long time ago.  Have avoided Endless Legend, Eador, Warlock, etc. etc., just out of general lack of interest...)

Yes, great price! But you'll still only put just a few hours into it. I suspect you are infected with Game Attention Deficit Disorder like the rest of us.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

AoW3 will drag you in and break the back of your gaming ADD, if you have it. It takes no prisoners. If you like fantasy even a little bit it's a great buy...the lore is really well done.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

I'm going to say no.  If you're lukewarm to the genre, AoW3 certainly won't change your mind.

GDS_Starfury

Im hoping we'll see Gus Simulator on kickstarter soon.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

KyzBP

I picked up Papers Please! for $3 or so and it's been a blast.  Not only am I having fun with it but my 13 and 9 year old daughters have been playing it all day.  Money well spent.

gameleaper

Just got Space Hulk for £5, I didn't buy this before because it was £30 I think when it came out

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!