Main Menu

Steam Auction

Started by Rayfer, December 14, 2014, 10:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rayfer

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 15, 2014, 09:29:55 AM
I didnt know you could do that.
I just put a boatload of stuff on sale.

Is there a way to put them on sale other than one at a time? Is there a 'select all' feature to get it done where it doesn't take forever to do?

BanzaiCat

You have to set the price individually for each card, so doing it for a bunch of cards at once is not possible.

Philippe

Since you've raised the subject, what exactly can I do with cards on Steam?  I only mention this because it took me over a year to figure out what blue coins at Gamersgate are good for.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

undercovergeek

when you complete collections you can craft crap to use use in steam chat and add doo dahs and baubles to your page - thats all ive ever seen them used for

Philippe

Sounds pretty pointless.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

BanzaiCat

It reminds me a lot of the achievement system on Xbox Live. I never even registered for a Live account.

I'd much rather collect games than game achievements.  :)

GDS_Starfury

were do you find the things you put on sale?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


BanzaiCat

1) Go to your Inventory page. If you don't have an envelope icon in your top bar, just highlight your user name up there (next to "COMMUNITY" I think) and then select Inventory, which is the last option in the drop-down.

2) If you have cards to sell, you'll see a thumbnail gallery under the Steam logo and drop-down (which says All Items, I think). Click any of the items there.

3) The card you click on will appear at right; scroll down to see more info. At the bottom should be a green button that says 'Sell.' Click it.

4) A pop-up window will appear. Under the graph you'll see several zoom options; click Week.

5) Highlight the graph with your mouse - just point the cursor at parts of it to get a pop-up that tells you how much that particular card sold for during that time. You'll see various peaks and valleys based on supply and demand. Usually I consider the highest price that it went for in the previous 24 hours.

6) In the "You receive" field, type in the amount you want to sell it for. Keep in mind Steam adds two cents to the sale, so if you're looking at a card sale price of 0.15, if you enter 0.15 you'll see the "Buyer pays" field say "0.17" - so keep that in mind.

7) Once you enter your price, check the checkbox where it says "I agree to the terms" blah blah blah, and then click the green OK, put it up for sale button.

Voila, you've just put something up for sale.

When it sells, you'll get the money added to your Steam wallet, and you should get an email telling you that you sold something.

GDS_Starfury

I got all that but I can go back and change the price?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


BanzaiCat

Yeah, go to Community at the top > Marketplace.

It will remove the card from your sale list and replace it in your inventory, so you can reprice it if you wish.

Gusington

The Steam sale will begin on the 18th???
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on December 15, 2014, 09:10:03 PM
The Steam sale will begin on the 18th???

Where did you get this information?

Don't hold back or there will be a waterboarding.

sandman2575

Well, I did say 'rumored' to start on the 18th -- as allegedly leaked via some PayPal snafu --

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/139642/rumor-steam-winter-sale-december-18-2014/

How credible it really is, I dunno.  Still, I need something to cling to.  This idiotic 'auction' is just making the wait that much harder...


GDS_Starfury

because you people need more games to buy now that you wont get to until 2018.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Nefaro

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 15, 2014, 11:41:02 PM
because you people need more games to buy now that you wont get to until 2018.