Main Menu

Track IR 5 set up

Started by Kushan, January 01, 2015, 03:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kushan

Trying to set up the new Track IR 5 I got for Christmas. I had it working perfectly for a couple of hours, but now no matter how I tweak the hardware alignment, the pro clip doesn't seem to be getting a good read on the sensor and the view is tweaking out all over the place. Anyone have any tips?

I tried holding the head clip right in front of the sensor and it still didn't track detect it. Is there a possibility that' its a defective unit?

Thanks,

Kushan
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Staggerwing

Quote from: Kushan on January 01, 2015, 03:56:25 PM
Trying to set up the new Track IR 5 I got for Christmas. I had it working perfectly for a couple of hours, but now no matter how I tweak the hardware alignment, the pro clip doesn't seem to be getting a good read on the sensor and the view is tweaking out all over the place. Anyone have any tips?

I tried holding the head clip right in front of the sensor and it still didn't track detect it. Is there a possibility that' its a defective unit?

Thanks,

Kushan

Did you move any of the lights near your computer? I have a TrackIR 2 (which I can no longer use since going to WIN7) and I remember having issues until I moved a floorlamp to the other side of the room.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Kushan

Thanks Staggering. Closing the blinds to the window right behind my chair fixed it. Thanks for pointing that out.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

Yep.  IR so make sure you don't have sunlight striking it and washing out the detector.

It took me some time to get used to using the TrackIR, but it's second nature now.  The biggest hump is adjusting the sensitivity curves to your liking.  I had to raise the sensitivity to various degress on several axes from the defaults.  It's surprisingly easy to do - just click-drag the points on the graph and save it as something new.

I also suggest changing the default TrackIR hotkeys that you will be using in-game.  The defaults are just function keys, like F9 and F10, which most Sims already use (so they would conflict by default).  I switched mine to use Alt along with them.  You'll use the 'Center' command most, and the 'Pause' one comes in handy sometimes when adjusting any in-game head position settings.

I've still not perfected the mixture of looking back through six o'clock in-game, while looking sideways with my eyes still fixed on the monitor in RL, and maneuvering my digital aircraft going forward at the same time.  But getting better.  At least the TrackIR makes glancing forward and back at my target far easier. :)  You can see me whipping it about in some of my recent dogfight vids.