It's F.R.I.D.A.Y people - what are you playing?

Started by JudgeDredd, January 09, 2015, 04:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GJK

#15
Houston has a good sized ASL group (newbies most welcomed).  I've met a number of them and they all seem "normal".  :)

http://asl.casagranda.com/

And seriously, even if you don't own a single piece of ASL but have some interest, contact them and say that you don't own any of it but you'd like to learn and they will match you up with someone using their ASL(SK) gear and you will be playing within 30 minutes (basic infantry).  It's that easy to teach.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

JudgeDredd

Quote from: GJK on January 09, 2015, 08:40:47 AM
Houston has a good sized ASL group (newbies most welcomed).  I've met a number of them and they all seem "normal".  :)

http://asl.casagranda.com/
I call oxymoron  :P
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

BanzaiCat

Thanks, GJK. I'll have to check their site out and see where they meet (though I can only see a reference to Southwest Houston, which may as well be Austin, it's as far from me, lol).

In all honesty I'm not a huge Squad Leader fan anymore. I played it to death in high school and early on in college, but I lost my interest in it then and haven't played it since. I think I still have my original SL box somewhere in the attic.

I might be interested in giving it another try though.

Gusington

Playing some Dragon Age - Inquisition. And some Shadow of Mordor as well. Then it shall be time to start a Shogun 2 campaign...I want to finally win a campaign of Shogun 2 before Attila is released.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

A bit more of my Strategic Command WW2 Pacific Theater campaign. Not sure what else I'm in the mood for just yet.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MengJiao

Quote from: GJK on January 09, 2015, 06:54:46 AM
Going to set up a solo game of No Retreat and continue my ASL game with Ubercat tonight and/or tomorrow night.  I also have some new Blood Bowl miniatures that came in from a kickstarter project and it'd be nice to find the time to sit down and do some relaxing painting.

I also picked up a copy of DC: Case Blue based on the thread here but I'm not sure if I'll get around to it this weekend.

Also based on a thread here, I grabbed Ultimate General: Gettysburg but have worn that thing out already and can achieve a total victory in my sleep with it but that's my go-to 30 minute filler if I want to play a mindless game of something.  :)

Edit:  "Weezer".  All time worst name for a band ever.  My opinion. 


    Meanwhile, this weekend, in other news, I'm going to be playing CMFI (a small, much-worked over US attack on a Luftwaffe PanzerGrenadierBattalion); WitPAE PBEM and some Fontenoy (boardgame) and possibly some CMANO and DCS.

Cyrano

CM:FI PBEM

Elite: Dangerous -- Yeah, bought in.  Flying it very well with my Xbox 360 wireless controller, thanks very much, but I've discovered in the 36th (?) Century, the prevalence of 733+ /\/008-p\/\//\/3rz does not appear to have diminished.

Battle for Stalingrad card game (DVG)

Warfighter (also DVG)

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

P.S.:  Of course DC:CB with Doug, but I'm not "playing" that as much as I am "experiencing" it...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

RedArgo

Probably some World of Tanks, trying to get to the IS7 before it goes off sale and some Naval Action.  I also would like to play some Endless Legend and tryout Fleet Commander Nimitz.  I got all the pieces organized, but haven't tried them out yet.

Big football weekend too, Redbirds are playing for the FCS national championship Saturday and the Broncos play on Sunday.

Kushan

Dragon Age Inquisition - So far I'm enjoying it more then my previous experiences with Bioware games. The camera controls are awful,l but I'm enjoying almost everything else. Still in the Hinterlands zone. Decided to stop accepting new quests and finish ones I already have. If I don't I'm never going to move forward in the game.

Command - Beta testing and scenario research.

Distant Worlds and EUIV AAR's.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Stryker07

Gonna be doing my usual Star Trek Online this weekend, and I am sure a ton of Command testing as per usual. May just fire up EU3 but haven't decided yet.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog
GG's War in the West
Panzer Corps
____________________
Beta Tester

Sir Slash

Working my way through the DC Case Blue 1st Pz. Army campaign slowly and when my few remaining brain cells need a break, Skyrim. Where I've just gotten to Riften. 250 Hours in and there's still new stuff to see.  Attn: MetalDog. Your remark about running into anything you can't handle in Skyrim reminded me that I had a hell of time playing when I first started out until I looked at the game control buttons list and realized that you can adjust the difficulity level up or down anytime. It comes in very handy.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Airborne Rifles

I got Command as a Christmas gift. This grunt is going to sit down and try to learn to play with the Air Force and Navy's toys.

Might get back to my area of expertise and do some scenario building in SPMBT if I have the time.

OJsDad

EUIV with the Veritas et Fortitudo mode.

Maybe get back into State of Decay and try some Cities in Motion.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mikeck

Well, my mom just had open heart surgery so no game time this weekend. BUT, plenty of time to read my hard-cover War in the West manual!
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson