Main Menu

Ride FRIDAY ride!

Started by MetalDog, January 16, 2015, 07:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Shelldrake

#15
Quote from: Kushan on January 16, 2015, 10:59:09 AM
Took today off from work. Going to spend part of the day doing some Command scenario work done and doing some flying in FSX, or possibly make the transition to Prepar3D. Tonight going out drinking with some friends for my birthday.

With the hangover I plan on giving myself tonight won't be any serious gaming tomorrow. More sim flying and possibly some Dragon Age Inquisition.

Sunday will be spent watching AFC and NFC title games. I'll probably squeeze some gaming in but what I play will depend on what mood I'm in after the Pack vs Hawks game.

Happy Birthday Kushan! Hope you have a great one.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Anguille


Slick Wilhelm

It's going to be a weekend of Making History:The Great War, The Khartoum & Zulu mod for NTW...and I'm going to figure out which American Civil War mod to download and install for one of the Total War games.

JasonPratt

!!STILL NO NEW GAMES BOUGHT THIS WEEK!!

Ahem.

Pretty soon I'll be finished posting Season 1 of my PanzOrc Corpz AAR (the first half of Fantasy Wars), and I'm thinking of setting up a (non-narrative) collaborative AAR looking for how to solve the puzzle of surviving (maybe even winning?) World War 1 as Russia in Darkest Hour.

If I do get that going this week, I'll post back here with a link.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Skyrim as a sneaky Bowman. Should fit perfectly after seeing American Sniper tonight. ^-^
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 16, 2015, 02:40:41 PM
Skyrim as a sneaky Bowman. Should fit perfectly after seeing American Sniper tonight. ^-^

A sneaky heavily armored bowman.  8)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Back to playing for the weekend, it occurs to me I should add that I've been playing that Empire 4X iPhone game quite a bit this week, and may continue doing so over the weekend. As a MoM game it's incredibly light, but I find its frantic oncoming doom design compelling. This is a game where throwing a party for having survived the end of the world a little longer is a legitimately important option: you're going to die, but how much style / fun / honor can your people accrue before the end? As I wrote earlier, even though the game isn't entirely Norse it drips Ragnarok: good is going to uselessly die, but we're going down punching evil in the face anyway for personal honor because that's all we've got left while we live.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

panzerde

Happy b-day Kushan!

I find I'm back on a modern warfare kick, which hopefully will segue nicely into CM: Black Sea being released soon.

For this weekend PBEM turns of DC: Case Blue and FPC:RS with Cyrano, and HPS Renaissance, JTS Bonaparte's Peninsular War and Campaign Liepzig with other opponents.

Solo I'm going to advance my campaign in Mechs and Mercs. I'll probably spend most of my time with JTS Mideast '67 since I've become obsessed with the Arab-Israeli Wars and am reading a book about the Battle for the Golan in '73.

I'll probably finish punching counters for All is Lost Save Honour, which I've been dinking with far too long.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Huw the Poo

Happy birthday Kushan!

This weekend I shall be all over VoidExpanse.  :)

bbmike

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 16, 2015, 04:21:17 PM
Back to playing for the weekend, it occurs to me I should add that I've been playing that Empire 4X iPhone game quite a bit this week...
Um, what year did you buy that game in?  ::)

I hope to play more Strategic Command II Pacific this weekend. As usual, not sure what else.
Happy Birthday, Kushan!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Heh, definitely last year. I have a backlog of iPhone games, too. (Frontline Moscow, and Elder Sign, and Warhammer Quest, among them.) Empire was one I had gotten long ago (late last summer?) and never played; I also learned Le Havre (finally) a couple of weeks ago, and It's Alive. Currently on my phone but almost entirely unplayed are Knizia's Kingdoms and Vaccarino's Kingdom Builder. (I've been doing some Caylus, too -- all three are quite different of course, but I haven't been able to get into the other two yet.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Crap, I keep forgetting to say, Happy Birthday Kushan!  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!