Main Menu

Ride FRIDAY ride!

Started by MetalDog, January 16, 2015, 07:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Blucher

Happy Birthday to Kushan!  Jason I have taken the no new games pledge for the entire year and so far have no bought any new games. This Weekend I will be playing Ultima VII from my GOG backlog. I have also made a major effort this week to learn War in the East.  I purchased the game at release and have barely played it. I am determined to master it before returning to WITW which I believe needs a few more patches to work out the kinks before I tackle it again. I also might do some small scenario's in France '14 which I am also learning how to play.

Toonces

Morrowind and CK2 FTW!   8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Toonces on January 17, 2015, 03:52:38 AM
Morrowind

As soon as the open source version of the engine is a bit more complete I'm going to be all over this.  I'm dying to play Morrowind again, it really is a masterpiece.

Toonces

^ You really should take a look at the Morrowind Complete Overhaul project.  Check some Youtube videos.  The graphics are perfectly workable even now with the Overhaul.  No, it's not Skyrim, but it's not eye-bleeding, either. 

No need to wait...the water's fine!   :P
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Huw the Poo

I want to play on Linux though, that's why I need the open source version.

JasonPratt

Even though no one would know unless I admitted it, I don't want to be dishonest about keeping the no games pledge, so I shall acknowledge that I did buy Warlock 2 the Warlockying (and most of its DLC) last night while it was 75% off.

But I only did it in order to bring Battlefleet Gothic into existence this year. (Long story.) I feel reasonably safe about not buying it this year, though, because we all know it will release as Early Access first.  ::)  And I'm pretty sure I can resist that.  :smitten:

Back to the no games pledge.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

No way. 17 days in?  >:(

I suppose I can admit that that's pretty good going for anyone on these boards...but still disappointed

By the way - for some reason I thought it was mirth doing the no new games pledge...unless he also is
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Skwerl

I think he showed amazing fortitude in maing it an entire 17 days!

undercovergeek

Elite - i have drugs and slaves to deal

PBEMing with Tuna and SDR - there are handbags to be made

Happy Birthday, Kushan

MetalDog

I just lost my throne city to Leana the Huntress.  I still have armies in the field, including my ruler, but, she just has way too damn much STUFF for me to overcome.  I dilly dallied while she gobbled up neighbors.  So I gave up.  Time to start another one.  Maybe a Dwarf or an Orc this time.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek


MetalDog

Yes.  Started a new one as a female Orc Warlord.  I am going to do my utmost to play an evil game this time.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Mirth took the No Crazy Women pledge and failed by 1/2.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Playing some Rift for the first time.  I'm really enjoying it a lot.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob