Main Menu

Battlefleet Gothic

Started by Skwerl, January 16, 2015, 08:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

It's fun and it's 40K. No remorse, no regret. (Although still beta so no Eldar yet.  :P )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

The z axis also led to some frustration with me in Homeworld as well.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RyanE

My knee-jerk reaction to frustration with z-axis is...why would you play a space-based game if space frustrates you?  Its like saying I don't like playing naval games that are in water.

Gusington

It was the first game I played with a z axis. That said I am very excited for Battlefleet Gothic, z axis or not, because I dig the lore. And capital ship combat gives me warm fuzzies.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Cyrano

Like it the more that I play, but I want the full game content now to really get stupid in MP.

@LB:  As JH said, if you're the lore, it's a no-brainer.  Fun game even if you're not, I suspect, but I'm well past unbiased on this one.

@Gus:  I got yer space fuzzies right here...

Oh, and I did neglect to mention that the most enduring of all space games, SFB, has no z-vector.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

Quote from: Cyrano on March 11, 2016, 11:05:44 PM
Oh, and I did neglect to mention that the most enduring of all space games, SFB, has no z-vector.

Very true.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

No z axis is a bonus for me to be fair, never got a handle on it in home world and so what if I'm below the enemy?

That leaves big ships in a 40k world - I'm moist

JasonPratt

The thirst is real.  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I refuse to buy Battlefleet Gothic until you people here approve it. Once that happens, I'm in.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on March 12, 2016, 02:20:13 PM
I refuse to buy Battlefleet Gothic until you people here approve it. Once that happens, I'm in.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


mirth

Gus, please post proof of purchase within the hour.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Silent Disapproval Robot

How is it strictly from a gameplay perspective?  If you were to strip it of all the WH40K stuff and play it as a generic space fleet battle game, does it hold up?  I like fleet combat games but the WH40K universe had never appealed to me. 

panzerde

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 12, 2016, 03:34:28 PM
How is it strictly from a gameplay perspective?  If you were to strip it of all the WH40K stuff and play it as a generic space fleet battle game, does it hold up?  I like fleet combat games but the WH40K universe had never appealed to me.

It's still very beta, so if you aren't into WH40K it might be smart to wait and see. Content is limited, ship types are limited, and you can't even save in SP yet, unless I've somehow overlooked how to do that. It is really a lot more like a naval game than a space game RTS, which is reflective of the lore and the TT game. Closer to Napoleonic naval gaming than Homeworld.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Jarhead0331

Quote from: panzerde on March 12, 2016, 04:28:00 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 12, 2016, 03:34:28 PM
How is it strictly from a gameplay perspective?  If you were to strip it of all the WH40K stuff and play it as a generic space fleet battle game, does it hold up?  I like fleet combat games but the WH40K universe had never appealed to me.

It's still very beta, so if you aren't into WH40K it might be smart to wait and see. Content is limited, ship types are limited, and you can't even save in SP yet, unless I've somehow overlooked how to do that. It is really a lot more like a naval game than a space game RTS, which is reflective of the lore and the TT game. Closer to Napoleonic naval gaming than Homeworld.

Your progress is saved in the sp solo skirmish mode.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


panzerde

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 12, 2016, 04:39:07 PM
Your progress is saved in the sp solo skirmish mode.


Excellent. I just started that last night and was afraid I lost my progress when I exited.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres