Main Menu

Battlefleet Gothic

Started by Skwerl, January 16, 2015, 08:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bob48

...red ones go faster............
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Jarhead0331

Ship ramming mechanics are wonky. They need a lot of work.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

So if I buy right now I won't play it because I am not into MP. But if I wait to buy when the campaigns are available I will pay more...I guess my clear option is to buy and wait it out...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd


mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 26, 2016, 07:04:40 PM
Ship ramming mechanics are wonky. They need a lot of work.

I've played a couple skirmish games and haven't noticed. What are you seeing?(or not seeing that you should?)

I like the game but play it in slo-mo mode the whole time. To clicky if I don't
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

panzerde

Quote from: Gusington on March 26, 2016, 08:00:04 PM
So if I buy right now I won't play it because I am not into MP. But if I wait to buy when the campaigns are available I will pay more...I guess my clear option is to buy and wait it out...


I'm finding the solo skirmish mode fun. No, it isn't a story campaign but your ships, upgrades, renown, and damage carry over from battle to battle.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JasonPratt

#171
What I meant, is that I don't expect a campaign for anything but the Imp fleet (although maybe there's a joint campaign from different sides); so if you only care about playing the Space Marines or whoever Team 6 turns out to be, you can feel pretty safe paying less now rather than more later, even though by only playing SM and/or Team 6 skirmish or mp you'll be foregoing the campaign when it's finally unlocked. But even then (as I said) the skirmish and multiplayer is set up rather like an ongoing campaign anyway.

Of course if there are multiple campaigns, great!  :smitten:

(Similarly, an Ork fan could have just played Orks in multiplayer and skirmish in the original Dawn of War, and probably have been perfectly happy doing so, even though by only playing such teams that person would have foregone a really nice Space Marine campaign.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Nice - thanks Jason/Grim. The game sounds worth it for 28 dollah...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Downloading now...damn you all once again.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

lol - some good resistance skills there Gus, for...... an hour?

mirth

Gus is definitely not the Hobbit to get the ring to Mount Doom.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

I've been waiting for months! Go eat your oatmeal.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Freyland

Quote from: mirth on March 27, 2016, 09:42:49 AM
Gus is definitely not the Hobbit to get the ring to Mount Doom.

Lol

Tpek

Quote from: mirth on March 27, 2016, 09:42:49 AM
Gus is definitely not the Hobbit to get the ring to Mount Doom.

I thought Gus was supposed to be Gu(s)llom :P

Gusington

In the opening menu I see a campaign option available...is that Imperial only?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd