War Thunder Ground Forces is testing hardcore sim mode this weekend

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, January 17, 2015, 01:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tuna

I think the 75/L 70 was the same gun as on the Panther..

The Tiger gun was the same one as the AA one that the Germans used so successfully in the early part of the war, thus why they built the Tiger around it..

I think there is a version with a longer Barrel was used for the Tiger II and Jadgpanther.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Jingles made a video showing off some of the new game mode (just try to ignore his constant whining about enemy aircraft ruining his fun.  Get 3 team mates to take AA guns and the problem is solved).


Nefaro

The bomb spamming in it can definitely be annoying at times.  But that usually doesn't last long.  Hopefully you survive until someone shoots 'em down.

They really need to add a Commander's Bino zoom view to Sim mode now.  They needed to before this but it's essential now.  Trying to spot distant targets only through the gunner's view isn't good.  Especially if you're driving around in a tank destroyer with no turret.  ::)


The devs said they were going to add a Commander zoom view to the Sim Battles long long ago.  I guess they never bothered to devote the time.  >:(

The Cmdr zoom is my only complaint. 



Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 19, 2015, 03:57:47 PM
Jingles made a video showing off some of the new game mode (just try to ignore his constant whining about enemy aircraft ruining his fun.  Get 3 team mates to take AA guns and the problem is solved).



Jingles complains more than I do.  Sometimes with good reason, but for a bit too long in his vids.  Getting one-shotted by a bomber before you even get to fire that round is definitely frustrating.  I'm just glad we don't have that ridiculous space laser artillery as in WoT.  :knuppel2:

Nefaro

The hardcore sim mode is wonderful.  Hope they replace current Sim mode with it.

Not sure if the rewards are appropriately higher for each match since they tend to take longer (besides the extra difficulty).


Edit:  I think one of the greatest changes with this test mode is all tanks being visible at all times.  That is another thing that burns my ass - invisible or disappearing tanks.  I'm sure most of us can recall cases where we were aiming at a distant enemy tank in plain view to only have it disappear right before your eyes.  Or have them just appear out of thin air while you're looking right at them.

jomni


Silent Disapproval Robot

If you mean styles of battle, when you are in your hanger look up at the top middle portion of the screen and you will see the big orange "to battle" button.  Click on the text above that to select the style of battle you want to play.


jomni

I know that.  But I don't have a tank in my inventory.  Are tanks only available for US, USSR, and Germany?
I'm only playing Japanese and checked out the UK both don't have tanks.

Dread Rlyeh

that's correct, no UK or Japanese tanks currently.  I think some UK tanks are going to be added relatively soon.   

jomni


Bison

I've spent several hours playing War Thunder over the last several days and I must say I quite enjoy the game.  I don't understand all of the research and crew training aspects yet, but it's still good fun.  I've stopped playing the arcade game and have gone exclusively to realistic battles for now.  Mostly I got sick of the over the hills, through rocks and trees kills that people were getting on me in arcade mode.  I'm not sure it was a hack so much as the use of green, yellow, and red indicators on the cross hairs.  OK.  I'm pretty sure one jackbag was using a hack of some sort, because he would seriously shot over or around or through hills to hit people.  Anyway I went from near the bottom on points in arcade to the top of the leaders board in realistic battles.  I like my stug, but man is it a bitch to position for good shots in hilly terrain. 

jomni

I've never been a victim of some sort of hack.  But you'll never Know. Anyway the reason why keep playing arcade is that the wait time is significantly less and I can respawn as well. In realistic, you fly great distances the  you die in seconds. not that it's not good but for me it wastes my limited playing time. Hehe.

Bison

I haven't done a bunch of flying outside of practice flights.  I'm amassing enough spawn points playing a tank during a realistic match to spawn on average 3 times.  I haven't found wait times to be too bad for realistic battles in the evening, but I'm sure it's all based off of regional peak times.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on January 26, 2015, 09:38:16 PM
Mostly I got sick of the over the hills, through rocks and trees kills that people were getting on me in arcade mode.  I'm not sure it was a hack so much as the use of green, yellow, and red indicators on the cross hairs.  OK.  I'm pretty sure one jackbag was using a hack of some sort, because he would seriously shot over or around or through hills to hit people.

There are some spots where rounds can fly through the terrain.  I've usually noticed it near areas where the huge boulders and the regular terrain are near each other.  I think it's more an issue of the collision detection on certain map locations.

Of course, when all your opponent must do is aim below your name tag and move the magic crosshair around until it lights up, then they will be able to find those little slivers of space much more easily. 

I don't mind playing Arcade Battles in the aircraft but I can't stand the aim crosshair cheat for Arcade Ground Forces.  That's just too much.

jomni

Quote from: Bison on January 26, 2015, 11:16:52 PM
I haven't done a bunch of flying outside of practice flights.  I'm amassing enough spawn points playing a tank during a realistic match to spawn on average 3 times.  I haven't found wait times to be too bad for realistic battles in the evening, but I'm sure it's all based off of regional peak times.

I'm talking about air battles.

Bison

Quote from: jomni on January 27, 2015, 12:23:09 AM
Quote from: Bison on January 26, 2015, 11:16:52 PM
I haven't done a bunch of flying outside of practice flights.  I'm amassing enough spawn points playing a tank during a realistic match to spawn on average 3 times.  I haven't found wait times to be too bad for realistic battles in the evening, but I'm sure it's all based off of regional peak times.

I'm talking about air battles.

I know.  How about mixed battles?  Or do you not like the tank combat?