Main Menu

Dying Light

Started by Tpek, January 27, 2015, 04:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tpek

So, is anyone other than myself, playing this game?

Jarhead0331

No. But thinking about it...what are your impressions?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

It looks great, very cinematic, but it's too pricey for me.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Asid

War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying


RooksBailey

It looks interesting to me, but I am just tired of zombies.  That was a craze that got old fast for me.  Having said that, I could see myself picking this up on a deep sale.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

JudgeDredd

When I went to check out the videos after seeing this post, I saw £40 and thought "nah"

When I did watch the videos, I was like "So is this Dead Island in a city?"

It looks like a mix of Left 4 Dead, Dead Island and Far Cry 3/4.

Definitely not interested at that price anyway, but like RooksBailey - I'm a wee bit bored of Zombie games and if I do want to play one, it would be the excellent Left4Dead 2 again.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Tpek

I'm pretty much calling all zombie games Yet Another Zombie Game these days due to the insufferable amount of crappy
Zombie-games releasing every month.

But from the little I've played this is interesting so far. It's made by the people who made the Dead Island series.
After they had to part with the IP, they went to make another such series with a new name.

JasonPratt

Yep, I already own all the few zombie games I ever care to own, at least half of which I haven't even played yet. (Not even counting games which might-as-well-be-zombies or which also-have-zombies-by-the-way.)

Until someone comes up with a werewolf apocalypse game, or a vampire apocalypse game, I'm out.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

RooksBailey

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 28, 2015, 02:40:40 PM
Until someone comes up with a werewolf apocalypse game, or a vampire apocalypse game, I'm out.

I like those ideas!  The closest we have is The Secret World.  Shame that game went with a MMO instead of a SP experience (which is odd seeing how that game is played mostly SP anyway  ::)  ). 
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Tpek

Well, the World of Darkness MMORPG keeps getting cancelled everytime someone is trying to make it.

Plus. I fear running into Twilight Online  :buck2:

JasonPratt

It isn't a sandbox game at all, but one of the nice things about the Lords of Shadow Castlevania reboot (the first game anyway) is that it deals with a combined (but physically separate) werewolf, vampire, and zombie apocalypse.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!