CM: Black Sea RELEASED!!!!

Started by Jarhead0331, January 30, 2015, 11:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Con

First play through very rushed wouldnt be fair to give it anything but very very superficial impressions.  I played a Ukrainian force defending a town from the Russians

1. Looks and plays very polished all those familiar with CMBN will feel right at home.  Turns, ordering and WEGO playback was smooth as butter
2. I am not used to how fast and lethal modern war is need to totally readjust my thinking if you see it you need to kill it ASAP
3. Swimming tanks = nasty surprise bridges no longer choke points
4. Game is crying out for modding the tanks and APC models are very bland
5. The rest of the terrain is more atmospheric than CMBN etc but still somewhat sparse.  Flavor objects are there and plentiful but it still feels (subjective) somewhat artificial.  But I feel the same way about the stock textures in CMBN so modding perhaps will help this as well also I only played the one scenario so I could be totally off base with this.

My two cents I cant wait to spend more time playing it.  Now who is up for a PBEM game?

Con

jomni

Funny how you need to click 3 or 4 different "DOWNLOAD" buttons to actually get to start downloading.

Jarhead0331

^Not only that, but my download has been "preparing" for 15 minutes...I'm not even downloading the thing yet.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jomni


RyanE

That is a bad sign.  I have had so many attempts at downloading it since this morning, I have become an expert at the warning signs.

fabius

#50
Quote from: RyanE on January 30, 2015, 07:15:13 PM
That is a bad sign.  I have had so many attempts at downloading it since this morning, I have become an expert at the warning signs.

Is yours done?

Aw gawd, this is shocking download service in 21st Century.


RyanE

No, and I started at 10:30AM, even before the preorder note came out.  I just happened to check.  I have 10-11 failed messages in my download tab.  It is at 1Gb with 400kb speed.  But it keeps dropping to 100kb...which is a bad sign.

fabius

Fingers crossed. 74%, steady 2.33 mb and less that 10 minutes to go....

jomni

#53
Look at what you have done!
You guys hyped this game too much!

fabius

Somebody just posted over at BF forum that the game comes with 330 quick battle maps  O0

and les than 2 minutes...   :D

RyanE

I am now officially done for the night...my last attempt got to 2Gb and crashed.  Is anyone at BFC really paying attention to this?  As good as the games are, it seems BFC always manages to cock something up enough to make we wonder why I go through all of this...the Graviteam syndrome.

fabius

Oh good grief. Got to the end of download. passed 100% and just carried on downloading. Paused it after awhile and unpaused and it was at 30% again.  :idiot2:

RyanE

Yeah, this is not a straight up server capacity issue.  There is a lot of weird stuff happening.

panzerde

Installed and played the first tutorial campaign mission, just to get a look at the game before I tried anything more substantial. Like Con, it's too early for me to give detailed impressions but the game seems to work without issue with good framerates on my rig, with everything turned all the way up on the graphics.


The big shocker for everyone is going to be the engagement ranges and speeds. Time to master the art of not being seen!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Toonces

Glad I decided to go ahead and go surfing this afternoon.   :P

Anyway, now that all you clowns are heading to be we islanders can get some!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs