The Most Interesting software Ive ever used! for granpas only :)

Started by gameleaper, February 11, 2015, 09:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gameleaper

I was looking for a good virtual MODEL railway sim, and Ive looked plenty in the past, but I have found My perfect sim at http://www.trainplayer.com/    it has a 30day free demo, but the Paid version has mega loads of addons and content , I wasn't sure to buy it, but the stuff that you get is just awesome 1000s & 1000s of model setups, trains , cars, wagons, scenery, you even get lots of loads you can place on a wagon.

its a topdown sim and I loved it straight away, its a perfect trainset for your computer, it costs a bit, but you can get diff levels, and at the moment I think you get 30% off.

the youtube don't give a real feel for shunting 5 trains around and different tables and setups, but you can see some things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGxIvopg2vg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKBQteDWFyc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBSem1HHSGY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOyR6yg_HZE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxVdZJz4YHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okGCQGUpKQA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvb4cuAlm20

Toonces

I dunno man...that must require a certain mindset to find appealing...not doing anything for me.   :-\
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

gameleaper

the scripting I thought may be hard, but you don't ever use it you can do it all with drag and drop.

the demo is 30 day free to try, Ive got a trainset that's why I like it I think

have you ever got board and looked for something really different?

Greybriar

I don't know how much gameplay value it has but TrainPlayer should be of interest to model railroad enthusiasts.

Thanks for the link, gameleaper.  O0
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

gameleaper

it has puzzles to solve such as doing thing with the least amount of stops, but its just the sheer enjoyment of running 4 trains on a model etc... for me

bob48

I would really take a look at the TRAINZ series by Auran. This is the most widely used train sim in the world. T2012 is the current version, and once you register it, you will have free access to around 300,000 items of downloadable content.

http://www.trainzportal.com/product/view/trainz_simulator_12
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

gameleaper

thanks bob, I had a look - its a real train sim, but I like model sims. I have train sim 2014 I think on steam, its nice but I still prefer the model sims. trainplayer has modular track boards as well as single track pieces like you would see at a show, and it seems to be an accurate sim of a model railway with the correct gauge etc....