In Australia, it's Friday...

Started by Toonces, February 13, 2015, 03:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces



Having nothing to do with Australia, though, I will be going full on medieval this weekend with:

Continuing to delve into Vengeance, and perhaps playing with the editor a bit...

I've been hankering to spend more time on my campaign in Mount and Blade...

And rounding everything out with CK2 and (somewhat medieval) Morrowind.

I also can't rule out playing with some modern warfare type titles, but I'm not ready to commit just yet.  I just saw Fury, though, so I'm kinda in a mood to play with tanks for some reason.   :P
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JudgeDredd

#1
Good tune. I remember it from my "turning of age"

Another great one by him


Not much I guess...the 6 Nations rugby tournament continues this weekend which means much alcohol - and that doesn't go well with gaming.

I will do some though and likely from this list
ARMA III
Combat Mission:Black Sea - heading across the Dnieper
DCS:Black Shark - I decided to focus on the Shark. I took her out for her "familiarity" mission the other night. Startup sequence and weapons training need to happen before I go into the campaign any further though

That's probably it.

I'm tying to finish games that can be "finished" so I can clear my desktop. Not that they aren't good games and I want to get rid of them...rather I feel the need finish them so I have "had my money's worth" out of them. Mostly FPS games like Bioshock:Infinite, ARMA III, Max Payne 3, Splinter Cell:Blacklist (or is it Chaos Theory??). All good games - but I feel compelled to justify buying them by completing them. ARMA III will likely stay on my HD though as there is alot you can do with the sand box mode.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Strela

#2
It being Friday here in Singapore and me being an Australian qualifies me to comment in this thread...

The weekend has just started with a red wine and a full agenda of gaming 'work'.

I'll be working on the second Panzer Battles title for John Tiller as well as finishing up the patch for the first release (Kursk). All I can say is the new title will have French, British, Belgians and Dutch in action.

In between, I'll be delving into Elite : Dangerous and its new 1.1 patch (docking seems hard again!) and for those post 11pm sessions when I'm starting to nod off, Red Orchestra 2, the Red Bull of first person shooters.

Strela

MetalDog

Just created a new faction in Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes last night.  Going to run them through their paces this weekend.  And whatever else comes up.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

Quote from: Toonces on February 13, 2015, 03:22:02 AM


Having nothing to do with Australia, though, I will be going full on medieval this weekend with:

Continuing to delve into Vengeance, and perhaps playing with the editor a bit...

I've been hankering to spend more time on my campaign in Mount and Blade...

And rounding everything out with CK2 and (somewhat medieval) Morrowind.

I also can't rule out playing with some modern warfare type titles, but I'm not ready to commit just yet.  I just saw Fury, though, so I'm kinda in a mood to play with tanks for some reason.   :P

Brilliant, Toonces! How I love that song.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

When im not working there will be Wargame Red Dragon, and some Elite checking out the new, new patch

Playing Disney Infinity had given me an urge for some sandbox city building action - so there might be some Sim City 4 in there too

southern_cross_116

#6


...and meanwhile near the end of the day in Little Straya .... continuing to practice with some graphics tools...  8)
RW/LW
Bravehearts Hockey Club

Graphics Coordinator, Artist, etc... for JTS
Owner/Webmaster:
Scenario Design Center (hist-sdc.com)

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 13, 2015, 07:55:25 AM
...- so there might be some Sim City 4 in there too

You still playing this often? I'd given up but may check it out again.

Some VASSAL work this weekend.
More Victory at Sea. This is a fun game so far.
Finally return the PBEM turn for Cyrano the patient....  :-[
Finish off a CiV campaign as Egypt in the new Accurate Earth mod.... might just be able to unify all of Africa under the Egyptian banner.  :knuppel2:

Anguille

Going to play...

- Lords of the black sun....still have to finish my military campaign. I'll move on to another 4x after that.

- Worldshift

- Grand Ages: Rome

This should keep me busy  :)

undercovergeek

#9
Quote from: Barthheart on February 13, 2015, 08:03:36 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on February 13, 2015, 07:55:25 AM
...- so there might be some Sim City 4 in there too

You still playing this often? I'd given up but may check it out again.


urge only struck me this morning - ill give it a whirl tonight and see how i get on

MengJiao

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 13, 2015, 04:44:30 AM
I will do some though and likely from this list
ARMA III


  Running on my backup system (an old thing called Wheezy 2), so I'm going to be playing what happened to be on it when it was sent to
backup status:

    Iron Front, Steam and Iron and Ironing out all Wars

Sir Slash

I am approaching the end of battle 7 of CMBN's Kampgruppe Engel campaign, "The Last Kilometer". I've managed to make it all the way to the back of the map in this exit-only battle with about 20 turns left and very light losses but the Polish 1st Armored can't be this easy to roll-over and so expect to have to fight our way to the exit zone. Then one more fight to go. But Valentines  :-* with the wife comes first. 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

Flying to LA tomorrow so not much gaming (except for the long flight there and back). Not sure what I'll play yet on my travel Macbook Air 2011 with Windows 7.  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

Love Men at Work and Colin Hay :) And of course AC/DC. Great choices!

My intrigue with the Eastern Front is coming to an end for now as the release of Attila: Total War approaches on Tuesday. To get in the Roman mood I will fire up Ryse: Son of Rome over the next few days.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Will probably be trying to figure out Wargame Red Dragon, picked up at the current sale, due to UCG's screenshots!