Old School Tactical up on Kickstarter

Started by Barthheart, February 13, 2015, 02:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richie61

I have read the rules an easy 20 times and I am really liking Jamm's ideas and reasoning behind them  :)

I see this and BoB as our board games into the future  :D
Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

nht

Looks like this one is finally off to the printers. Very much looking forward to finally getting my hands on it...

Yooper

I just picked up the PDF version and I'm curious how most folks do Print and Play.

I'm thinking of just sending it off to the local Staples and have it done, but the scale will be off on the map (hexes a bit too big). I'm thinking heavy cardstock for the counters and such.

If anyone has any advice or insight on this please let me know. This is my first foray into a game like this.
Military Science Fiction Novelist and Grognard.
Weapons Release

Barthheart

For the counters, I print them onto full page labels - eg. Avery 8165.
Then stick the label to 2mm matboard, the stuff used to frame pictures. You can get large sheets at places like Michael's or art supply stores.
Then use a rotary cutter and steel ruler to cut them out.

For maps, I'm luck to have access to a large format inkjet printer so I print my own, then spray glue it to Bristol board. But Staples should be able to do it.
Or you could try something like VistaPrint or similar and have it put on vinyl for a long lasting map.

bbmike

Quote from: Barthheart on November 03, 2015, 11:04:21 AM
Then stick the label to 2mm matboard, the stuff used to frame pictures. You can get large sheets at places like Michael's or art supply stores.

For maps, I'm luck to have access to a large format inkjet printer so I print my own, then spray glue it to Bristol board. But Staples should be able to do it.
Or you could try something like VistaPrint or similar and have it put on vinyl for a long lasting map.

You forgot to include a step on clipping the counters.  ::)  >:D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Quote from: bbmike on November 03, 2015, 11:59:07 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 03, 2015, 11:04:21 AM

You forgot to include a step on clipping the counters.  ::)  >:D

>:( :knuppel2:

Yooper

Ahh perfect! I'd wondered about a good way to transfer the counters. The map printed out last night, dude at Staples was cool enough to merge the two PDF's into one seamless map.

It was pretty cool to see all the guys at the print center checking the map out. It's impressive at full size.
Military Science Fiction Novelist and Grognard.
Weapons Release

Richie61

I received the latest PNP files last week. SWEET!!!  :D These print out super this time. Very well done by Shayne  O0

Shayne also did some great videos too.

New stuff in the works too!

And some Old School Squad Leader testing  :D

Ed
aka Richie61

nht

I kind of wish they'd done something different than the Western Front -- a bit too safe of a choice, I think (but then, so was the Eastern Front...). Pacific or Italian might've been more compelling theatre choices, if only because they're a bit less well-trodden. Still, the Western Front pieces and maps look characteristically great, so it'll probably be an auto-buy for me regardless... ;)

bayonetbrant

you want obscure, we need more CBI-theater games! :D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

nht

More Pacific/CBI stuff would definitely be most welcome, as would China. I'm bummed I missed the boat on L&L Tactics: Heroes of the Pacific.

Richie61

:D An unboxing of Old School Tactical. This is a mass production copy air freighted to Flying Pig Games.  :D

Ed
aka Richie61