Rolling for 1 (PE's Solitaire PlayList Qtr1)

Started by PanzersEast, February 19, 2015, 12:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PanzersEast

Here is the list of games I am currently working through for 1st Quarter  and maybe will do either an AAR/Brief Summary/Review after a good play through.  This is a stretch goal, but will see how far I work through.  Some of these have had minor exploratory play throughs already.

- Fire in the Lake
- Across 5 Aprils
- Last Frontier: The Vesuvius Incident
- Shadows of Brimstone: City of Ancients
- Navajo Wars
- Don't Tread on Me!
- No Retreat! Russian Front (GMT)
- BlackBeard (AH Version)
- D&D - Ravenloft, Ashardalan, Drizzt
- Eldritch Horror + Expansions
- Space Empires 4x + Close Encounters
- Iwo: Bloodbath in the Bonins
- Eminent Domain
- Fortune and Glory + Expansions
- A Victory Denied
- Hold the Line + Expansions
- Field Command Napoleon
- Cruel Necessity
- Enemy Coast Ahead


Full Roll Ahead,
PE


Nefaro

I've still not played Space Empires 4x yet but I've wondered why the first expansion was so pricey.  I'm sure it added more than just ground forces but that was touted as the big addition.  Not sure if I would spend nearly the same amount as the whole original game for an expansion.  Seemed a bit crazy.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

PanzersEast


Arctic Blast

It's always reassuring to see that I'm not the only one dumping obscene amounts of money on board games.  :D

PanzersEast

Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 22, 2015, 06:52:03 PM
It's always reassuring to see that I'm not the only one dumping obscene amounts of money on board games.  :D

If my wife only knew.....  :2funny:


PE

DennisS

Quote from: PanzersEast on February 19, 2015, 12:38:44 PM
Here is the list of games I am currently working through for 1st Quarter  and maybe will do either an AAR/Brief Summary/Review after a good play through.  This is a stretch goal, but will see how far I work through.  Some of these have had minor exploratory play throughs already.

- Fire in the Lake
- Across 5 Aprils
- Last Frontier: The Vesuvius Incident
- Shadows of Brimstone: City of Ancients
- Navajo Wars
- Don't Tread on Me!
- No Retreat! Russian Front (GMT)
- BlackBeard (AH Version)
- D&D - Ravenloft, Ashardalan, Drizzt
- Eldritch Horror + Expansions
- Space Empires 4x + Close Encounters
- Iwo: Bloodbath in the Bonins
- Eminent Domain
- Fortune and Glory + Expansions
- A Victory Denied
- Hold the Line + Expansions
- Field Command Napoleon
- Cruel Necessity
- Enemy Coast Ahead


Full Roll Ahead,
PE

As I am ALWAYS in the market for a good solitaire board game, I started reviewing BGG for these...and as plugged them in, one at a time, I realized that I have ... eight of them!

Of the ones I have, the ones I enjoy the most are Navajo Wars (my BGG name is Dineman), and FC: Napoleon, which cost me a cool $100 in a lower Manhattan game shop, while on vacation.

PanzersEast

#7
Don't Tread on Me! is one of the best solitaire games I have played.  I got a chance to set down with it to get through the rules and turn sequence, but it is a very worthwhile experience.  I know many have reported it is a long game, but one that surprised me......  I was not expecting the mechanics and game play to have much depth to it, however I was wrong.  There are a lot of tough decisions to make in the game, and with the events, there is variety in the way they transpire.  Highly Recommended from me so don't let the packaging fool you.


PE

BanzaiCat

Quote from: PanzersEast on February 19, 2015, 12:38:44 PM

- Shadows of Brimstone: City of Ancients

- Cruel Necessity


These two are still on my playlist. I had hoped to do an AAR on them, as well.

I'd add Ottoman Sunset and Hapsburg Eclipse to those as well, including a combined version of both games.

PanzersEast

Quote from: DennisS on March 01, 2015, 07:21:22 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on February 19, 2015, 12:38:44 PM
Here is the list of games I am currently working through for 1st Quarter  and maybe will do either an AAR/Brief Summary/Review after a good play through.  This is a stretch goal, but will see how far I work through.  Some of these have had minor exploratory play throughs already.

- Fire in the Lake
- Across 5 Aprils
- Last Frontier: The Vesuvius Incident
- Shadows of Brimstone: City of Ancients
- Navajo Wars
- Don't Tread on Me!
- No Retreat! Russian Front (GMT)
- BlackBeard (AH Version)
- D&D - Ravenloft, Ashardalan, Drizzt
- Eldritch Horror + Expansions
- Space Empires 4x + Close Encounters
- Iwo: Bloodbath in the Bonins
- Eminent Domain
- Fortune and Glory + Expansions
- A Victory Denied
- Hold the Line + Expansions
- Field Command Napoleon
- Cruel Necessity
- Enemy Coast Ahead


Full Roll Ahead,
PE

As I am ALWAYS in the market for a good solitaire board game, I started reviewing BGG for these...and as plugged them in, one at a time, I realized that I have ... eight of them!

Of the ones I have, the ones I enjoy the most are Navajo Wars (my BGG name is Dineman), and FC: Napoleon, which cost me a cool $100 in a lower Manhattan game shop, while on vacation.


I'm still waiting to jump into Navajo Wars as I understand it is a time commitment to learn the game.  FC: Napoleon is a great game and I enjoy getting it out every once in a while and playing it, the best in the FC series and can be pretty brutal on you as well.

PE

Nefaro

Quote from: PanzersEast on March 02, 2015, 02:53:09 PM


I'm still waiting to jump into Navajo Wars as I understand it is a time commitment to learn the game.  FC: Napoleon is a great game and I enjoy getting it out every once in a while and playing it, the best in the FC series and can be pretty brutal on you as well.

PE

I was tempted to pick up Navajo Wars but I may wait for the upcoming sequel with the Apache.

PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on March 02, 2015, 03:28:50 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on March 02, 2015, 02:53:09 PM


I'm still waiting to jump into Navajo Wars as I understand it is a time commitment to learn the game.  FC: Napoleon is a great game and I enjoy getting it out every once in a while and playing it, the best in the FC series and can be pretty brutal on you as well.

PE

I was tempted to pick up Navajo Wars but I may wait for the upcoming sequel with the Apache.

I ended up trading Legendary Encounters Aliens for it..... I felt LE A was a very good game, however if you are not into the movie theme aspect of it, there is some lose in translation.... or at least that is what I felt playing.


PE

Nefaro

Quote from: PanzersEast on March 02, 2015, 03:40:12 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 02, 2015, 03:28:50 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on March 02, 2015, 02:53:09 PM


I'm still waiting to jump into Navajo Wars as I understand it is a time commitment to learn the game.  FC: Napoleon is a great game and I enjoy getting it out every once in a while and playing it, the best in the FC series and can be pretty brutal on you as well.

PE

I was tempted to pick up Navajo Wars but I may wait for the upcoming sequel with the Apache.

I ended up trading Legendary Encounters Aliens for it..... I felt LE A was a very good game, however if you are not into the movie theme aspect of it, there is some lose in translation.... or at least that is what I felt playing.


PE

You're not a fan of the movies?!   :o

PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on March 02, 2015, 06:48:38 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on March 02, 2015, 03:40:12 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 02, 2015, 03:28:50 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on March 02, 2015, 02:53:09 PM


I'm still waiting to jump into Navajo Wars as I understand it is a time commitment to learn the game.  FC: Napoleon is a great game and I enjoy getting it out every once in a while and playing it, the best in the FC series and can be pretty brutal on you as well.

PE

I was tempted to pick up Navajo Wars but I may wait for the upcoming sequel with the Apache.

I ended up trading Legendary Encounters Aliens for it..... I felt LE A was a very good game, however if you are not into the movie theme aspect of it, there is some lose in translation.... or at least that is what I felt playing.


PE

You're not a fan of the movies?!   :o

The first two yes.... After that GAME OVER MAN.... GAME OVER



PE

BanzaiCat

LE A is a GREAT game. Only played it once with two others, and we lost, but it all went down to the wire. Oh, and my Gunner got a Chestburster, but fortunately my pain didn't last long as the game ended very quickly after that.  O0