Main Menu

FRIDAY-o FRIDAY-o

Started by MetalDog, February 20, 2015, 06:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 20, 2015, 07:34:11 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 20, 2015, 06:55:23 AM
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes has its hooks in me.  I am stuck right now in a war that I can't prosecute.  My enemy has cities full of armies, so I can't take his territory, but he won't come out and fight.  And my army's cost is going to bankrupt me.  What to do what to do?!

is there not a blast things from a distance spell? havent played long enough to know, sorry



Quote from: Shelldrake on February 20, 2015, 07:41:28 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 20, 2015, 06:55:23 AM
I am stuck right now in a war that I can't prosecute.  My enemy has cities full of armies, so I can't take his territory, but he won't come out and fight.  And my army's cost is going to bankrupt me.  What to do what to do?!

Research and cast Curgen's Volcano on your enemy to teach him a lesson! Falling Star is also a good way to soften up enemy cities before attacking.

Thank you both for the tip.  I looked at my spells available last night and didn't see one I could use to deal damage from afar.  Must not have researched them yet.  Going to have to raise the tax rate and disband some units and hope that that is enough to get Kraxis off his ass and out of his cities to attack.  And did I mention that there are three more civs at war with me, too?  Won't amount to much as I border none of them, but, it screws up my cash inflow.  Less trading partners ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Anguille


bob48

^Hope you feel better soon, Anguille., flu can really knock you about.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

I fixed my war impasse in FE:LH.  Up until now, I hadn't been playing the tactical battle.  It adds time to the endeavor and I am impatient.  I WANT MY RESULTS NOW!!!! 

Having no more money, and no way to take the city, I built up my rulers army with the best units I had and attacked.  I lost the first time, then, looking through my spells again, I noticed that I could give my Champion (my ruler in this case) a Heal spell.  So, I reloaded the game, went in to battle again and WON!  I now have two of Kraxis cities and my civ is above his in ranking.  W00t!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

smittyohio

The Diablo 3 bug has bitten me again, so I doubt I play anything but it this weekend.    If I can break myself away from my Season 2 Monk, I'm going to try to finally get into EU IV, and maybe continue my Titan Quest game

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bob48 on February 20, 2015, 07:28:19 PM
^Hope you feel better soon, Anguille., flu can really knock you about.

+1

I was just messing with you, sir. :)

Al

Have a couple of weeks between classes so I'm getting a JT France '14 PBEM game in.
Al

MetalDog

I started this war with three cities.  I know have eight.  And I haven't built anymore. :)  The Victory Conditions are Conquest and Complete the Quest(s).  I'm a little more than half way through the game.  I am currently researching the last Unit size upgrade.  I have my Army at the max of 9 slots.  I am going to keep pushing until someone stops me or my economy or Army goes in the shitter.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek

Quote from: MetalDog on February 20, 2015, 07:28:57 PM
I fixed my war impasse in FE:LH.  Up until now, I hadn't been playing the tactical battle.  It adds time to the endeavor and I am impatient.  I WANT MY RESULTS NOW!!!! 

Having no more money, and no way to take the city, I built up my rulers army with the best units I had and attacked.  I lost the first time, then, looking through my spells again, I noticed that I could give my Champion (my ruler in this case) a Heal spell.  So, I reloaded the game, went in to battle again and WON!  I now have two of Kraxis cities and my civ is above his in ranking.  W00t!!

Reloaded?!?!?

:'(

MetalDog

Is that a sin?  How else am I supposed to learn and get better?  I am not a fatalist, let happen what will happen.  If I am going to play, I want to win.  And no, the win is not tainted if I have reloaded once or even a hundred times.  It's just not trumpeted as a win.  I know how I got there and would never DREAM of telling anyone, "I kicked its butt," when clearly I did not.  But what I learn will be used in the next game and the game after that until I can game with integrity.  No reloads ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek

Quote from: MetalDog on February 21, 2015, 10:24:20 AM
Is that a sin?  How else am I supposed to learn and get better?  I am not a fatalist, let happen what will happen.  If I am going to play, I want to win.  And no, the win is not tainted if I have reloaded once or even a hundred times.  It's just not trumpeted as a win.  I know how I got there and would never DREAM of telling anyone, "I kicked its butt," when clearly I did not.  But what I learn will be used in the next game and the game after that until I can game with integrity.  No reloads ;)

It's a good case for the defence your honour

MetalDog

It beats getting pissed off and rage quitting, just to start again.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek

I'm too romantic for the reload, when I think of Rome, Egypt, the Hollywood classics - they wouldn't be what they'd be without the major players making mistakes and acting on the twists and turns of fate - hitler reloading on the 7th of June, gandalf reloading his turn against the balrog, and darth vader reloading Luke's shot on the Death Star

Skwerl

EU III
The New Warhammer 40K DLC!
Sunless Sea
Majesty Gold HD (I picked this up from GOG on a whim - It's great)

endfire79

Got OP Dragon Rising on sale.  My trigger finger is on ARMA 3 right now...  O:-)
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."