Main Menu

ARMA 3

Started by Toonces, February 20, 2015, 03:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

I likely will still pick this up especially when all the modders start cranking out single player scenarios, but will keep on monitoring all the good feedback I have seen so far. When you say playable solo, is it pretty much your soldier against a mob of enemy or do you have the ability to command others or at least AI soldiers help you?  Thought I read somewhere you were pretty much lone wolf and if that is true seems like it would be tough to keep alive but maybe with the new spawn system, doesn't matter as much.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 12, 2016, 07:27:16 AM
I likely will still pick this up especially when all the modders start cranking out single player scenarios, but will keep on monitoring all the good feedback I have seen so far. When you say playable solo, is it pretty much your soldier against a mob of enemy or do you have the ability to command others or at least AI soldiers help you?  Thought I read somewhere you were pretty much lone wolf and if that is true seems like it would be tough to keep alive but maybe with the new spawn system, doesn't matter as much.

Most of the SP scenarios that come with Apex consist of two or more small special forces teams working together. However, they are often given separate tasks within each mission, so the teams may be apart in other areas of the map, or coming together to strike a target from different points or locations. When you play solo, you will be alone in your particular team, however, there will be the other allied teams out there. The result of this is that you're not totally alone and will often times have support, but there will be times were you'll be tasked with objectives that you will have to accomplish solo since nobody else is playing in your squad.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

I guess that sounds better than nothing....kind of wondering why they departed from their typical system.  But I am sure we will see a lot of single player content soon.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 12, 2016, 01:28:25 PM
I guess that sounds better than nothing....kind of wondering why they departed from their typical system.  But I am sure we will see a lot of single player content soon.

There already is a lot of single player content. Its the only way I play.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 12, 2016, 02:55:31 PM

Even for the new Apex add-on?  I'll have to take a deeper look...maybe closer to buying than I thought:)

Dammit Carl!

C'mon...buy it!  Treat yourself!

Pixel men shooting other pixel men (or calling in air support  O0) is the best equivalent to a "spa day," for our tired, old souls that we can get!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 12, 2016, 03:07:36 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 12, 2016, 02:55:31 PM

Even for the new Apex add-on?  I'll have to take a deeper look...maybe closer to buying than I thought:)

I don't get the hesitancy. If you're already an ARMA fan, this is a no brainer. The Tanoa map is worth the price alone. The extra units, weapons and vehicles, as well as the new co-op centric campaign are all just gravy.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Hofstadter

I dont consider the weapons as part of the price. Because if I think i paid for weapons, then I remember that people mod and create god knows how many weapons for free.

And that hurts my brain
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Jarhead0331

Grim...check out a mod called "Dynamic Recon Ops". There is one for every landmass in game, including Tanoa.

Its a randomised, replayable scenario that generates an enemy occupied AO with a selection of tasks to complete within.

Playable in SP or COOP
Randomised location
Randomised selection of objectives to complete
Menu on startup to select a variety of options including time of day and insertion type
No mods required
Revive system usable by both players and AI
30mins - 1hr 30mins duration
Virtual Arsenal for starting loadout
'Nudge' action to help unstick unresponsive AI units

The mission is designed to be a simple to use randomised way to quickly play a singleplayer or cooperative scenario.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Thanks for the heads up..downloaded this morning and so far so good.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 13, 2016, 08:06:01 AM
Grim...check out a mod called "Dynamic Recon Ops". There is one for every landmass in game...

Nice, and thank you!

MikeGER

+1 ...that may be the mod i was looking for  :)

how is the Vietnam mod going along now were 'official jungle' is in the game, or is that development complete independent and don't use available vanilla resources 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MikeGER on July 13, 2016, 10:06:30 AM
+1 ...that may be the mod i was looking for  :)

how is the Vietnam mod going along now were 'official jungle' is in the game, or is that development complete independent and don't use available vanilla resources

The Unsung Vietnam mod uses custom maps that are completely separate from Tanoa.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Dammit Carl!

Burning too much time catching up on ARMA mod videos at work, the Unsung mission where a helicopter flies over the patrol group while music plays from mounted loudspeakers (complete with the doppler effected sound as the chopper crosses overhead) as it makes a gun run on some VC sampans makes it a definite "must load," for me....after I get the SP DayZ scenarios to work...and I finish the campaign that I've started...and I shepherd the two characters I've got floating out there on vanilla DayZ servers to some sort of safety... :P

Having way too many ARMA irons in the fire is for-sure a first world problem of the highest order.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 13, 2016, 11:25:00 AM
Burning too much time catching up on ARMA mod videos at work, the Unsung mission where a helicopter flies over the patrol group while music plays from mounted loudspeakers (complete with the doppler effected sound as the chopper crosses overhead) as it makes a gun run on some VC sampans makes it a definite "must load," for me....after I get the SP DayZ scenarios to work...and I finish the campaign that I've started...and I shepherd the two characters I've got floating out there on vanilla DayZ servers to some sort of safety... :P

Having way too many ARMA irons in the fire is for-sure a first world problem of the highest order.

Unsung is an impressive total conversion. I've found the maps to be pretty buggy though. I get a lot of CTDs. That has not stopped me from loading the units and vehicles onto to other maps and setting up battles. The unit list is vast and they all look great.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog