Graviteam's Steel Armor Blaze of War returns

Started by Krabb, March 02, 2015, 10:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

smithcorp

Is there a new update Asid, or are you Beta testing one?

Asid

Quote from: smithcorp on September 07, 2015, 03:29:37 AM
Is there a new update Asid, or are you Beta testing one?

Hi Smithcorp

This is one of the many additions being rolled out. SABOW has changed a lot since its first release.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

SABOW is incredibly immersive as well as being a deep simulation.

There have been many changes made to SABOW since it was re-mastered. I think it's a great tank simulation which is often overlooked. Two of the reasons people overlook it is because of the UI and update process. I have been putting together an in-depth article about SABOW. I will release it when finished. Apologies for being slow.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

JudgeDredd

^Don't sit here apologising about being slow....get on with it!  :P
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Asid

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 09, 2015, 11:34:40 AM
^Don't sit here apologising about being slow....get on with it!  :P

I haven't forgotten about our Panzer Command Ostfront soiree  O:-)
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Asid

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 09, 2015, 02:22:25 PM
I was wondering

мы встретимся в ближайшее время мой друг   :knuppel2:
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Asid

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 09, 2015, 04:13:48 PM
не спешите, мой друг

O0


Quote from: Boggit on September 09, 2015, 04:34:56 PM
Do I sniff an AAR? :)

That is the plan  :) . Details to follow :)

Now back on topic.....

The SABOW devs are constantly improving and adding. New patch + DLC should be out in a week or two. Hopefully I will have my article complete (ish) by then.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Toonces

This is a game that I own but sadly do not play enough of because I completely and utterly suck at it.  And by suck, I mean SUCK. 

But if it's good enough for you, then it's good enough for me.  I need to see what's coming and get some motivation to dive back into it.

I prefer the tankiness of Steel Beasts over SABOW, but SABOW is by far the better game with the operational layer....something I so utterly wish they would implement in SB.  I absolutely hate playing games that have one-off battles that aren't interconnected in some bigger picture.

I understand why SB doesn't do this, but that doesn't make me like the game as a game any more, if that makes sense.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Asid

#102
Hi Toonces.

May I ask which version of SABOW you have?

•   DVD/Other
•   Gamers Gate
•   Steam

The GG & Steam versions are the most up to date. There is a large difference from the original release a few years back.

SABOW is actually quite deep. It is not as "gamey" as some would think. The Dev's have done an excellent job modelling the M60 & T62. All of the positions are available. It just takes a little getting used to. There are many options that one can set in order to customise the gameplay to ones needs. You can set the Realism level to "Arcade" or "Simulator". You can select whether the crew gain realistic experience or not. Many options like that are available. I will attempt to hi light these.

SABOW is single player. MP would be great. However it is not available at this time. There is a "Network" option but it is greyed out. What you do get is great AI with a dynamic campaign. As well as a great battle generator.

It has a good interface with ample shortcut keys. You will not be left reaching for the pdf in the heat of battle once you have learned UI.

Friction between the tank and ground surface is modelled extremely well. You can notice a difference with the different surfaces.

I mentioned earlier about fully crewed positions. The crew appear in 3D. You can swap out a dead crew member if needed. Say your driver has expired. You can swap him out with your TC. Though that leaves you without a TC. At least you can be mobile again. This is one of the nice immersive features available in SABOW. Some may say it is "chrome". I say it is immersion.

I have both the original DVD and the new Steam version. I could not wait for the updates.... I have many..Many hours logged on the Steam version. I have played most if not all (the ones I know of) tank sims and I say SABOW, though not perfect, is an excellent simulator and should be in the depot of every computer tank commander.

This is my honest opinion.

Regards

War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

jomni

#103
Asid, we don't drive WW2 tanks in SABOW.
But I know it's just a typo.

Let me chime in.  In short, it is a good sim. Cold war tanks with no laser range finders are actually fun compared to modern point and shoot fire control.  The UI has improved a lot in remastered. And the AI driver has learned new tricks like   finding hull down position and quick pop up sequences. There are now air strikes. And it has an operational campaign as opposed to Steel Beasts.

Asid

War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying