I used to love her, but it's all FRIDAY now!

Started by MetalDog, March 13, 2015, 05:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: bbmike on March 13, 2015, 08:55:57 AM
Starships and Beyond Earth.

Have you seen the unlocks you get for having/playing each? I haven't tried that out yet. Also apparently you can take a BE save/win into Starships... somehow...

bbmike

Not yet but I haven't started a game of Beyond Earth in quite a while. I think Starships is also part marketing tool to make us play Beyond Earth again.  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 13, 2015, 09:29:05 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 13, 2015, 07:26:40 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 13, 2015, 06:25:45 AM
no one will play Homeworld with me.   :(  :'(

Can you play co-op?

vs the pc you can in a skirmish.

I'm asking if two players can join up cooperatively and play against the AI?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

not in the campaign game but you can in skirmish/single battle mode.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Sir Slash

I took a break from Attila and went back to my old ETW game as Spain. I really like the slower pace and 3 continent strategy of the game. I've got to take one more territory from the pirates and then New Spain will join us and we will then make tacos THE world food and put Bull Fighting back on cable where it belongs. ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

tgb

Quote from: bbmike on March 13, 2015, 09:02:04 AM
I think Starships is also part marketing tool to make us play Beyond Earth again.  :D

That was my thought when I saw how the integration works.

GDS_Starfury

Im pretty sure tacos arent a Spanish dish.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: W8taminute on March 13, 2015, 06:12:05 AM
I really love the old Stones!  Good choice for a theme for this week MD.

I picked up Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires a few days ago so I'll spend some time with that.  I really really want to get Gary Grisby's WitE but the price tag is too steep for me.  So that means I'll also probably spend time doing my taxes this weekend to see if I get a decent refund or not.   :coolsmiley:

Then I can buy TW: Attila, Homeworld Remastered, and WitE

You can have my WitE if you want. I didn't particularly play it very much (eastern front isn't really my thang) and now I have WitW, I probably won't want to go back to it. I can upload it to my Google Drive and send you the link...let me know.

For me I've been eyeing up Total War:Attila and Rugby Union Team Manager...but with Command Ops coming out Monday and having bought Cities:Skyline - I'm on hold for a bit.

My moratorium on computer game purchases for the year didn't just end - I seem to have gone into overdrive!

As for actually gaming, not much because the rugby is on - but definitely Cities:Skyline and I would like to try out the new Assetto Corsa DLC

I also got my new Harder Steenbeck Ultra airbrush and hopefully I can get some pre-shading done on my 1/72 P-51.

Apart from that - Rugby all the way
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

I went for CMBS last night, had a slight hiccup which Elvis fixed for me in like........30 mins - gold star

so that was 1130pm, finally fixed had a nose round the UI and a battle or two, then opened the editor - started a map and then realised it was 230am and i was up at 545am - sob

this weekend ill be be poking con and jomni for some PBEM action, there will be WG Red Dragon to try out a new Russian deck, so far its a minor victory to me and one to the AI - but i know where i went wrong

Im upgrading Elite as it goes but only dipping my toe in to see how the changes effect me - external camera is good for shots

have a good weekend all

LongBlade

I played the first tutorial so I'm obviously ready to pwn yer ass.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

W8taminute

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 13, 2015, 09:59:59 AM

I picked up Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires a few days ago so I'll spend some time with that.  I really really want to get Gary Grisby's WitE but the price tag is too steep for me.  So that means I'll also probably spend time doing my taxes this weekend to see if I get a decent refund or not.   :coolsmiley:

You can have my WitE if you want. I didn't particularly play it very much (eastern front isn't really my thang) and now I have WitW, I probably won't want to go back to it. I can upload it to my Google Drive and send you the link...let me know.

For me I've been eyeing up Total War:Attila and Rugby Union Team Manager...but with Command Ops coming out Monday and having bought Cities:Skyline - I'm on hold for a bit.

My moratorium on computer game purchases for the year didn't just end - I seem to have gone into overdrive!

As for actually gaming, not much because the rugby is on - but definitely Cities:Skyline and I would like to try out the new Assetto Corsa DLC

I also got my new Harder Steenbeck Ultra airbrush and hopefully I can get some pre-shading done on my 1/72 P-51.

That would be awesome JD!  Thanks for the offer I'd love to take you up on it.   
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: LongBlade on March 13, 2015, 10:28:07 AM

I played the first tutorial so I'm obviously ready to pwn yer ass.

pro tip:  don't be Khan.  offensive and defensive weapons have limited firing arcs in all dimensions.  the greatest limits are above and below.  so don't fight on a single plane.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: W8taminute on March 13, 2015, 10:31:15 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 13, 2015, 09:59:59 AM

That would be awesome JD!  Thanks for the offer I'd love to take you up on it.
I'll pm you the details sometime tonight when I get round to uploading it.

Stay tuned  :)
Alba gu' brath

Sir Slash

Im pretty sure tacos arent a Spanish dish.

THEY WILL BE. They will be. And soon. :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.