I used to love her, but it's all FRIDAY now!

Started by MetalDog, March 13, 2015, 05:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Quote from: Barthheart on March 14, 2015, 05:25:58 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on March 13, 2015, 11:51:42 PM
I love to mp because it gives me a chance to play games with friends.  However, my constant Civ BtS mp friend is the all time worst at being slow.  Granted, the game by its very nature induces caution and planning, but, some of my wait times with him are interminable!  And yes, I have been known to take a fair bit of time in executing my turn, but, I wish you could experience this.  I've actually timed some of his longer turns and they stretch past fifteen minutes.

Hey Kettle, Pot here...  :2funny:

Quote from: Gusington on March 14, 2015, 08:47:38 AM
That's the whole reason I stopped MP, turns just took forever in most games :/

Not that I don't love you all...

So, how do you keep your turn times down?  Less units?  Less research?  Less chance of winning?  What?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on March 14, 2015, 09:46:22 AM
I love to mp because it gives me a chance to play games with friends.  However, my constant Civ BtS mp friend is the all time worst at being slow.  Granted, the game by its very nature induces caution and planning, but, some of my wait times with him are interminable!  And yes, I have been known to take a fair bit of time in executing my turn, but, I wish you could experience this.  I've actually timed some of his longer turns and they stretch past fifteen minutes.

So, how do you keep your turn times down?  Less units?  Less research?  Less chance of winning?  What?

Play single player and then no one cares how long your turn takes.   :coolsmiley:

MetalDog

Yeah, but then you've got noone to lord it over.  And where's the fun in THAT?!!!!!

Barthheart

Quote from: MetalDog on March 14, 2015, 09:46:22 AM

LOL! Less time flapping my gums when it's not my turn and pre-planning what to do.

MetalDog

Martok

Man, I've got a bad case of gaming ADHD right now. 

So far this weekend, I've played Medieval Total War/Viking Invasion, Armada 2526 Supernova, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, Distant Worlds: Universe, NeverWinter Nights: Diamond Edition, and Star Wars: Empire at War...none of which I've played more than an hour or two.  :-[  I just can't seem to f***ing focus for any real length of time. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

W8taminute

^I get into those ruts as well sometimes.  That's when I stop playing and do something else to take my mind off of gaming.  It's only during the time away from playing that I get an urge to play something.  Then it's back to business again. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Skwerl

Fantasy General (still amazing!)
Conquest:Frontier Wars
Hell

undercovergeek

so far - map design in CMBS, man its a time stealer

Red Dragon Russian Deck - scored my first total victory 3000/860 - it was beautiful

BanzaiCat

Played quite a bit so far, all computer stuff.

Slammed, which is an interactive fiction game where you take on the role of a n00b wrestler trying to make it big. I'm not a wrestling fan but the storyline looked interesting. Steam sells several interesting stories, and the publisher has others that aren't available through Steam. Very inexpensive. If you like Choose Your Own Adventure type books, you'll definitely appreciate the stuff that Choice of Games churns out.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, which I just saw for sale today on Steam for less than $5. Couldn't resist. Been wanting to play a CoJ game for a while. Very, very linear with zero open-worldness to it, but the action is a lot of fun.

Sid Meier's Starships, which I bought pre-sale and just finally spent some time with tonight. Got my butt kicked, so I need to go back to it at some point and try again.

I broke out my box copy of B-17: Queen of the Skies with the intent of playing for the first time in easily over 25 years. Started an AAR thread in the forums on it, too.

I want to get to either Cruel Necessity or Ottoman Sunset/Hapsburg Eclipse this weekend (more drawn to the latter two).

Also highly distracted by House of Cards on Netflix...

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on March 14, 2015, 08:12:15 PM
^How is House of Cards, Season 3?

I'm only five episodes into Season 2. Will probably watch another before I crash tonight.

I'm finding my opinion of it to mirror a lot of opinions I've read: Season 1 is amazing, Season 2 is...pretty good. I've heard 3 is meh/decent.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I know, I'm a terrible person for not binge watching it all just so I can tell you my opinion.

Haven't you started watching it yourself?

Gusington

I've only got as far as Season 2, Episode 4 :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd