More lunacy from the team that brought you IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, April 01, 2015, 12:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: sandman2575 on April 03, 2015, 01:06:30 PM
Quote from: RyanE on April 03, 2015, 12:50:50 PM
I still think BOS/BOM still has a chance to be what we all hoped it would be.  But it require the devs to get their heads out of their asses.  So far, I seen only a very small move in that direction.

But it would also require the devs to re-commit to something they clearly have no intention of producing at this point -- a robust single-player campaign.  I think it's fair to say that what most folks 'hoped BoS would be' in that respect is very different from what 777 actually delivered...

They may not need much commitment towards that, if they would improve the modding and editing situation.  But it sounds like they're dead set against anyone improving the sim they didn't quite fill out.

MengJiao

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 01, 2015, 06:18:23 PM
Quote from: Toonces on April 01, 2015, 05:38:07 PM
The SimHQ forums have simply exploded over this crap.

first place i headed after seeing this thread - theres some hate brewin'

  There may be hate brewing, but Flare Path says they are going to have P-40s in Battle of Moscow.  I may have to ride-out the hate and
get the game.  Or maybe I'll just get the Mig-15 in DCS.  I just can't make up my mind!

Skoop

Get the mig15 when it's on sale again.  I bet they have a sale for summer in the next couple months.

As bad as the things have gone with BOS, there are guys making missions for it now that the FMB is out.  I found one that works great as a coop with a large AI battle going on around you. 

They are on the verge of releasing summer maps with a campaign, but nobody really likes the campaign system. It's free content for BOS so I'll give it a whirl.

BOM is pretty much more of the same of BOS, atleast this time around the premium purchasers don't have to grind in sp to unlock the field mods.

I would be more interested if they went forward in the timeline and did battle of Kursk, that way we get the Hs-129 and ptab for the il2s.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I hopped in and did a few quick missions to see what's been improved and to check out the Ju-52.  Not surprisingly, the AI behaviour for these transports is just silly.  They appear to be following a dogfighting routine and will try to out turn you to get on your tail.  Doesn't do them much good when their only defences face rearwards.

They do have some nice crash animations though.  I shot down three and damaged a fourth before I ran out of ammo.  I chased the survivor down to the deck and got him to clip a tree at low speed.  His right wing hit a tree trunk and crumpled and the rest of the plane yawed around in a most gratifying manner.  Nice physics. 

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 25, 2015, 08:56:11 PM
I hopped in and did a few quick missions to see what's been improved and to check out the Ju-52.  Not surprisingly, the AI behaviour for these transports is just silly.  They appear to be following a dogfighting routine and will try to out turn you to get on your tail.  Doesn't do them much good when their only defences face rearwards.

They do have some nice crash animations though.  I shot down three and damaged a fourth before I ran out of ammo.  I chased the survivor down to the deck and got him to clip a tree at low speed.  His right wing hit a tree trunk and crumpled and the rest of the plane yawed around in a most gratifying manner.  Nice physics.

This is the problem with recent flight sims.

The devs only want to spend their time creating wonderful models, skins, and animations, etc and spend the least amount of time they can on the rest.  >:(