Star Trek: Renegades

Started by Martok, April 08, 2015, 04:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Looks pretty good.  Nice to see some veteran Trek actors (most of whom are reprising their original roles) in this. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bbmike

Well, I tried watching Star Trek: Of Gods and Men but had to stop. It just seemed silly. I am looking forward to Prelude to Axanar though. Maybe Renegades will be good.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I can't look at her without thinking of this.

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on April 08, 2015, 05:04:55 PM
I am looking forward to Prelude to Axanar though.

Same.

I was never into Star Trek all that much when it came to many of the Hippies & Elves In Space storylines.  But I've always been infatuated with the starship combat.  Perhaps because it was heavily influenced by modern naval warfare tropes, as opposed to exceptionally fictional/massive stuff like that found in Star Wars.  So the dark-ish galactic war setting of the Axanar film is already starting off with a great theme for my preference.  O0

Did any of you see Marco's recent vids on Federation Commander?  Makes me want to finally pull it out and learn it.  SFB was more like endless reading material, but this streamlined version is probably worth pushing to the table.

bbmike

Quote from: Nefaro on April 08, 2015, 07:17:18 PM

Same.

I was never into Star Trek all that much when it came to many of the Hippies & Elves In Space storylines.  But I've always been infatuated with the starship combat.  Perhaps because it was heavily influenced by modern naval warfare tropes, as opposed to exceptionally fictional/massive stuff like that found in Star Wars.  So the dark-ish galactic war setting of the Axanar film is already starting off with a great theme for my preference.  O0

Did any of you see Marco's recent vids on Federation Commander?  Makes me want to finally pull it out and learn it.  SFB was more like endless reading material, but this streamlined version is probably worth pushing to the table.

Ooh, link? I did buy Star Fleet Battles Force recently but haven't tried it yet.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Ubercat

Quote from: Martok on April 08, 2015, 04:41:47 PM

Looks pretty good.  Nice to see some veteran Trek actors (most of whom are reprising their original roles) in this.

Was that Karl Malden at the end? He's been dead since 2009!
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

mirth

Richard Herd. He played Tom Paris' father in Voyager.

He was also Captain Sheridan in TJ Hooker ;)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on April 08, 2015, 07:20:39 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 08, 2015, 07:17:18 PM

Same.

Ooh, link? I did buy Star Fleet Battles Force recently but haven't tried it yet.

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/fed_command.shtml

Centurion40

I'm so old, I remember grease pencils and plastic folders.

Any time is a good time for pie.

BanzaiCat

You're not old. I remember SFB well. I hated that game because the one friend that wanted to always play it, always wanted to play the Gorn with their tracking plasma torpedoes o' death.

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 09, 2015, 12:08:47 PM
You're not old. I remember SFB well. I hated that game because the one friend that wanted to always play it, always wanted to play the Gorn with their tracking plasma torpedoes o' death.

That just means you're old too  ;D

BanzaiCat

No, OLD is playing the Star Trek Roleplaying Game. Which I, sadly, did.  :-[

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 09, 2015, 12:50:15 PM
No, OLD is playing the Star Trek Roleplaying Game. Which I, sadly, did.  :-[

As did I. Welcome to geezerdom!  O0

BanzaiCat

I still want to grope whores and touch myself randomly throughout the day. There's really no difference between teenage men and senior citizen men, apparently.