Marvel's Daredevil (series, Netflix)

Started by Nefaro, April 15, 2015, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I almost watched Cheers myself the other day. It was either that or Coach. I just went back and tried to watch Daylight:buck2:

I've been wondering what the hell is taking so long for The League Season 6 to get up on Netflix.

mirth

D'Onofrio is so friggin awesome in this show.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on August 23, 2015, 09:24:15 PM
D'Onofrio is so friggin awesome in this show.

See!  I told you!   :))

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

I'm up to episode 8 now and I'm really digging the show. D'Onforio is excellent and the appearance of Scott Glenn was unexpected and entirely welcome. The entire cast is solid, the writing and direction as well.

mirth

Nefaro

Season 2 of Netflix' Daredevil starts tomorrow.

Pretty stoked about their portrayal of Punisher.   O0

Will be tempted toward lengthy binge watching.

mirth

Looking forward to season 2. I'll be binge watching this weekend.

DoctorQuest

Yeah.

I'm in.

"You're one bad day from being me."

I learned my lesson on binge watching from "24". Not a good idea. Good luck, mirth.

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Staggerwing

Quote from: DoctorQuest on March 17, 2016, 08:08:26 PM
Yeah.

I'm in.

"You're one bad day from being me."

I learned my lesson on binge watching from "24". Not a good idea. Good luck, mirth.

Binge watching is not kind to plot holes. Incongruity you forget after a week is still there after two hours.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Steelgrave

Quote from: Nefaro on March 17, 2016, 07:52:55 PM
Season 2 of Netflix' Daredevil starts tomorrow.

Pretty stoked about their portrayal of Punisher.   O0

Will be tempted toward lengthy binge watching.

Awesome casting choice for Punisher.

JasonPratt

Binge watching does help paper over slow eps, though. The back third of Season One (between the ninja fight and the grand finale) was painfully dull.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Oh shit.  2nd season is pretty awesome.

Wasn't sure if I'd end up binge watching it all over the weekend.  But once it got rollin... oh damn!   O0

First season was pretty good but this second one tops it.   They definitely learned from their first season mistake of putting too many long stretches of weepy Foggy & Paige in.  Less sobbery, more awesome.  And the ultra-violence!  Some great (and bloody) scenes.  The prison one really stood out.  :o

Also:  Bonus points for bringing in Clancy Brown and more cameos from D'Onofrio.

mirth

Just finished episode 2. Going to watch more tonight. Loving it so far.

Can't wait to see Clancy Brown  O0

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on March 19, 2016, 06:30:16 PM
Just finished episode 2. Going to watch more tonight. Loving it so far.

Can't wait to see Clancy Brown  O0

Unlike last season... it gets better with nearly every episode.   Once I got past the halfway point, there was no stopping.   :smiley6600: