Map Editor to be Released for Shogun 2: Total War

Started by Gusington, May 02, 2012, 12:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

This could be big. This could change many people's minds and give Shogun 2 years of additional shelf life. You be the judge:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=538299
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Nice.  I'm reading a novel about the Boxer rebellion and I think a Boxer campaign would work well with FOTS.  Hopefully someone with more time, talent, and ambition than me will get to work on that. 

Gusington

^Note the editor is for MP maps. But some say this could lead to TW becoming much more editable again.

What's the title of the book, btw?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

It's called The War of the Dragon Lady.  It's the 8th novel in a series about a British officer/scout and his Welsh batman as they traipse around the globe in the late 19th/early 20th century.  I enjoy them as I'm a fan of the era, but they're not the greatest of fiction.

     

        

     

     

Gusington

^I'm surprised you don't like 'em too much. It's one of my dreams to some day write a series like that.

Another dream is to have an editable campaign map in a recent TW game :/
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I like them enough to have read them all.  I just find that they don't seem to evoke the history of the times  is the way the the Flashman or even the Sharpe novels seem to be able to do.  Maybe they're just too focussed on the main character and don't offer enough in the way of exposition of the real world people and events. 

At any rate, I would love to see a Boxer rebellion mod using the FOTS engine.

Toonces

That gif with the elevator and the dog never fails to crack me up, even after all this time.  So classic.

Ok, sorry for the hijack.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs