Star Wars Battlefront - Firt screenshots emerging...

Started by Jarhead0331, April 16, 2015, 04:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FarAway Sooner

As for Hayden Christiansen not being able to act, I find myself suspecting that there's a deeper rout cause there.

The simple truth of the matter is that Lucas always struggled with dialogue.  If he hadn't had Sir Alec Guinness and a little-known Harrison Ford delivering a lot of those one-liners, I'm not sure IV would have turned out half-way as well as it did.  Just one example:
Quote
"Mos Eisely...  Nowhere in the universe is there a more wretched den of scum and iniquity."

Can anybody besides Sir Alec Guinness not deliver that line with a snicker?

Arctic Blast

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on April 20, 2015, 08:58:45 AM
As for Hayden Christiansen not being able to act, I find myself suspecting that there's a deeper rout cause there.

The simple truth of the matter is that Lucas always struggled with dialogue.  If he hadn't had Sir Alec Guinness and a little-known Harrison Ford delivering a lot of those one-liners, I'm not sure IV would have turned out half-way as well as it did.  Just one example:
Quote
"Mos Eisely...  Nowhere in the universe is there a more wretched den of scum and iniquity."

Can anybody besides Sir Alec Guinness not deliver that line with a snicker?

I think another part of the problem is that none of the actors were actually reacting to anything real. Everyone was just hopping around green screens and being told to 'duck now' and 'talk in that direction...we'll add in a digital creature later'. I don't think that's going to give much of anyone a chance to actually act.

Quote from: Banzai_CatOne thing I REALLY DO like and WANT BADLY, which is incidentally based on the first movie (The Phantom Menace), is the Avalon Hill game called "Star Wars Queen's Gambit."

Oh Hell yes! This is my absolute grail game.

BanzaiCat

I've been in commercials, some web series, and local films as well as stage plays over the last 6 years, but I do not call myself an 'actor' because I do not make a living at it. I've maybe made $2000 over the last 6 years for my efforts, and the hours I've spent in my not-work time would probably make that amount come out to $0.000001 per hour. But I've loved each and every moment of it - it certainly ain't about getting rich! :)

That all said, I've met and worked with a lot of people that DO make it their living, and it's very easy to tell apart those that really engross themselves in their role(s) and become their characters; you do not see the dividing line between them and their character. Then, there are those that are themselves and obviously pretending to be someone else. That might sound like I'm describing the exact same person, but there's a very sharp distinction between the two. The difference is, the former is that person, while the latter is just wearing their clothes, if that makes sense. Hayden Christensen is by far in the latter category. Some people have the ability to become another person, while others just put on the suit and pretend, and it's very, very transparent.

Don't ask me whom I think I am. I don't think I'm all that great, but I keep auditioning and getting minor parts here and there. If I were terribly confident and not married and have no kids, I might live in LA and try my luck. Hell...I'd trade all that for a copy of Star Wars Queen's Gambit.  :coolsmiley: