WiTE Update SHAMES All Other Updates!

Started by Cyrano, May 06, 2015, 01:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cyrano

I've long extolled the customer support of JTS, HPS, BFC, Schwerpunkt, and the other good PC-game providers out there, but this...this...just LOOK at this update.  Starting to read through the change log was making my head hurt...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3855429

Mother Mary...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

spelk

Holy shit! Thats a 222 page long PDF of changes!!!!!

Rayfer

Quote from: spelk on May 06, 2015, 01:12:35 PM
Holy shit! Thats a 222 page long PDF of changes!!!!!

I had to check it out....incredibly long list of changes. I didn't have time to read it but was wondering if any of it brings in features from the newer War in the West, especially the Air Directive screen function?

Cougar_DK

This game have been close to unplayable until this fix:
QuoteG.50(F): max altitude changed from 35108 to 32811, climb changed from 2540 to 2562, durability changed from 24 to 28.
:D

Holy mother of ..... That is one impressive change list.

How does it play?  ;)
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Yskonyn

Well.. If there is so much to be changed, added or fixed one could argue about what the state of the game is / was! Lol! :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Cyrano

@yskonyn, my wife's comment on this (yeah, she'll talk to me about this stuff to a degree) was very much along those lines, viz.: "so, you're saying they've left Alpha and have proudly announced their Beta release?"
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Philippe

I have nothing invested in this either way since I don't own the game, but I seem to be missing something in this talk of a massive update. 

I don't understand what all the fuss is about.  What's so special about this update?

I followed the link, and the update pdf seemed to list everything that has been done to the game in the last five years.

The only thing that seems to have been done to it recently were four changes in the March update, and nothing since then.

To my naive eyes that means the most recent update has four changes in it.  Am I missing something?

Is this supposed to mean that they've never released an update before and have been sitting on all of this for five years ? 

Or am I looking at the wrong list?
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Cyrano

It's true that the 222 pages is a full changelog, but the most recent patch, which, I gather, has been in BETA for some time, is impressive on its own, no?

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

V1.08.03 – March 16, 2015
Bug fixes
1. Fixed a bug where some of destroyed Soviet divisions (rifle, motorized and tank) were reorganized into new units (rifle divisions and tank brigades) twice.
2. Fixed a bug where Soviet divisions being part of corps combat units were getting the same number (usually 1st) upon promotion to Guards.
3. Fixed a bug where it was impossible to transfer goods (resources, supplies, oil, fuel) from cities that had minor shortages to cities that had huge shortages.
4. Fixed a bug where it was impossible to resupply units from cities that had shortages

I didn't die trying to read the update. ;) I AM IMMORTAL Y'ALL!

(I think they were trying to say previous updates weren't released, going back a hundred pages or so. Why not released, I have no idea.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

spelk

Regardless of what was changed, and when, I was still impressed by a PDF with 222 pages! :)

jomni

#10
Quote from: spelk on May 06, 2015, 01:12:35 PM
Holy shit! Thats a 222 page long PDF of changes!!!!!

So the game was really broken when released?  :uglystupid2:
But I actually didn't notice and finished a whole campaign from 41 to 45/46

JasonPratt

Quote from: jomni on May 06, 2015, 05:09:08 PM
But I actually didn't notice and finished a whole campaign from 41 to 45/46

Pix or it didn't happen...?  :o
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

panzerde

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 06, 2015, 05:14:13 PM
Quote from: jomni on May 06, 2015, 05:09:08 PM
But I actually didn't notice and finished a whole campaign from 41 to 45/46

Pix or it didn't happen...?  :o

You know he couldn't have actually done it, because we're still here. Everyone knows that if a complete game of WiTE or WitPAE is ever finished the End Times will be upon us. If both are done simultaneously it restarts the universe. And summons Xul.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Asid

Quote from: panzerde on May 06, 2015, 09:06:51 PM
You know he couldn't have actually done it, because we're still here. Everyone knows that if a complete game of WiTE or WitPAE is ever finished the End Times will be upon us. If both are done simultaneously it restarts the universe. And summons Xul.

;D
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

jomni

#14
Quote from: JasonPratt on May 06, 2015, 05:14:13 PM
Quote from: jomni on May 06, 2015, 05:09:08 PM
But I actually didn't notice and finished a whole campaign from 41 to 45/46

Pix or it didn't happen...?  :o

You want evidence? Here it is.


Seriously, it took me a.few months of playing nothing but WITE. Pushing counters day in day out.