You guys really got to watch this Ted Nugent interview

Started by MIGMaster, May 04, 2012, 11:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Centurion40

Meh.  It's Ted through and through.  He is an extreme guy.  I thought that it was a good interview and I am a moderate.
Any time is a good time for pie.

MIGMaster

Given how articulate he has been in the past, I'm really starting to wonder if this is:

1) Some sorta act
2) He is actually starting to lose it
3) Both

Centurion40

We all have cycles through the day.  At some points in the day, discussing some topics, we all get more heated than at other times.  Ted was talking about taking a dying kid on his last fishing trip.  There is raw emotion in that and the jump to anger would be a short one.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Maybe a tin foil Stetson is in order. Bonus, add a cool-aid holder on the side.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: Centurion40 on May 04, 2012, 01:22:47 PM
We all have cycles through the day.  At some points in the day, discussing some topics, we all get more heated than at other times.  Ted was talking about taking a dying kid on his last fishing trip.  There is raw emotion in that and the jump to anger would be a short one.


So what, he is using dying children imagery to further himself.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Centurion40

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on May 04, 2012, 01:25:52 PM
Quote from: Centurion40 on May 04, 2012, 01:22:47 PM
We all have cycles through the day.  At some points in the day, discussing some topics, we all get more heated than at other times.  Ted was talking about taking a dying kid on his last fishing trip.  There is raw emotion in that and the jump to anger would be a short one.


So what, he is using dying children imagery to further himself.

At some level, probably.  He was giving an example of how he is good and caring human being, and that seemed to set him off.
Any time is a good time for pie.

son_of_montfort

#9
"I'm a perfect human being..."

Cat Scratch Fever isn't that good... really.  :P

I think he was angry about the Army thing, which would likely make any activist/performer heated. I don't agree with his comments, nor his politics, nor the way in which he chooses to express them, but I think the media scrutiny and reaction is indicative of media hype over substance.

I mean really, do we think Ted Nugent is going to become an assassin?
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Arctic Blast

The idea that Ted Nugent is a moderate is rather terrifying...

Senex

Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 04, 2012, 08:19:42 PM
The idea that Ted Nugent is a moderate is rather terrifying...

It might terrify Ted most of all.

mirth

I like that hat he was wearing.

His meeting with the Secret Service was "adorable".

Ted is amusing in a looney tunes sorta way, but he ain't no moderate.

God that interview was wonderful!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

Quote from: son_of_montfort on May 04, 2012, 02:53:02 PM

Cat Scratch Fever isn't that good... really.  :P


No...but Stranglehold sure as hell is!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


son_of_montfort

^ Meh.

I was never a Nugent fan. And that really had nothing to do with his politics. Funny, I really never knew he was an activist until last month. I'm not even sure I knew he was still alive!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert