Ride forth to the Weekend (Friday Thread)

Started by Kushan, May 28, 2015, 11:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dammit Carl!

#45
Been busy fixing things around the house, but I did finally pull the trigger and picked up Tiller's Campaign Series (I'm glad the initial game load screen and music is there, but I miss the old Talonsoft opening films and such); started the Kokoda Trail campaign and promptly forgot to save after the first battle.  :P

Looking at the Hunted Cow Russian Front sales blurb on the forum page, I'm getting the urge to take a big, heaping helping of Ostfront action, so God knows where that desire is going to take me ...

Tuna

Watched Dorkness Rising thanks KyzBP.
Played a lil Pillars of Eternity
Played some Distant Worlds Shadows trying to see if I wanted to grab universe while it was on sale, but that moment has passed and gone.

JudgeDredd

Having pre-ordered and bought Warfighter I thought I ought to give it more of a chance.

So it's setup ready to kick off

A bit of Witcher 3 but got bored constantly dying at the hands of Jenny o the Woods
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 31, 2015, 09:35:00 AM
Having pre-ordered and bought Warfighter I thought I ought to give it more of a chance.

So it's setup ready to kick off


I thought it was okay but it isn't near the top of my favorite solitaire games.  Not sure if I'll buy any more expansions than what I have, especially with so many good co-op games available these days.

KyzBP


Arctic Blast

Quote from: Nefaro on May 31, 2015, 01:01:38 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 30, 2015, 09:18:31 PM
Going to finally bust out Xenoshyft Onslaught on the table this weekend.

My first game was downright brutal.  That's coming from someone who enjoys co-op games you lose more often than win.   

Kept thinking maybe I screwed up and advanced the swarm too quickly or something.  The players' overall buying power is fixed throughout the game, so it couldn't be the available resources.  The Hive swarm difficulty grew faster than I could buy new improved cards to counter with.  Thought I started off fairly well but things started steadily going down during the 2nd wave & I got murderized in the 3rd.   

Good luck stormin' the castle.  ^-^

Yep, I also got to Wave 3...made it in to the 8th stage and was promptly obliterated.  :-[

Gusington

Had a perfectly good weekend of gaming kinda sorta ruined by a bug in Order of Battle - Pacific. Playing as the Japanese I had just completed the second mission of the campaign, taking most of the Philippenes, when the Burma campaign event appeared and froze the game. I can't advance. Anyone experience this? I really like the game and to have it marred by this will be...unpleasant  >:(

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat


Gusington

I've seen it reported for other points in the campaign too, Midway, etc. No fix yet eh?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Gus, Banzai, check the OoB: Pacific thread. I just posted there.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Tuna

Quote from: Tuna on May 31, 2015, 09:31:20 AM
Watched Dorkness Rising thanks KyzBP.
Played a lil Pillars of Eternity
Played some Distant Worlds Shadows trying to see if I wanted to grab universe while it was on sale, but that moment has passed and gone.

oops also listened to 9 of the podcasts,  great stuff!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Nefaro on May 31, 2015, 09:38:16 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 31, 2015, 09:35:00 AM
Having pre-ordered and bought Warfighter I thought I ought to give it more of a chance.

So it's setup ready to kick off


I thought it was okay but it isn't near the top of my favorite solitaire games.  Not sure if I'll buy any more expansions than what I have, especially with so many good co-op games available these days.
Same - which is why I haven't touched it since my first mission. But I wanted to give it a few more play throughs.

One thing that I do find rather annoying is balance. I have a mission with 37 resources. Choosing soldiers and equipment with that amount of resource is horrendously difficult. In the end I had two low level soldiers (7 and 6) and an NPC. I also had no spare points for skill cards.

It all seemed extremely tight...but we'll see.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on May 29, 2015, 08:48:24 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 29, 2015, 05:44:28 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 29, 2015, 01:01:44 AM
Games in favour just now are The Witcher 3 and pCars. There will likely be some Assetto Corsa and my pbem CM:BS with UCG...contact has (at last) been made!

I shall be avenging the slaughter of my fine chaps - for contact read high explosive tank shell to the face of half a squad!!

There will be some Silent Hunter IV, did the tutorials, got thoroughly smashed to bits by 2 destroyers so spent the night reading up on evasion, diving and keeping the hell away from them and then ill start a career

Some CMANO, and i think the PBEM may come to its sticky end

  All the chatter about Silent Hunter IV is making me consider reinstalling it.  So this weekend:  maybe some Silent Hunter IV, maybe some flight sims and probably some board games and definitely some Invisible.

Alas!  It was Silent Hunter V all weekend, mostly trying to find anything that might be interesting about the game and trying to avoid the annoying by using the editor.  The water is nice, but everything else is weird at best and just plain annoying otherwise.
I may have accidently cured myself of any interest in submarine games for a while.

JasonPratt

Finished opening up the southern map on Far Cry 3 (the designers thankfully wrote in a disguise-mission which once completed allows me to wander the map with impunity unless I get too far into a base area, so I could go take all the radio towers at once); and have advanced the main plot somewhat farther while cleaning out more than half the enemy bases. There seems a good chance I'm at the 3/4 mark of the main story already, maybe farther -- about to go meet Hoyt at his compound and get my usurped character promoted (maybe, kind of doubt it'll be that easy).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

Played several Civ IV BtS duels.  The one further upthread, I won.  A cultural victory.  ONE TURN BEFORE TIME RAN OUT!!!  It would have been sooner, but Napoleon declared on me with 35 Turns left and it took me some time to extricate myself.  Two more came and went quickly, as it was island hopping maps and I just am not ready for that.  This last game took though.

It's me and Ragnar on Pangaea.  He started a war with me with even troops and more cities than me.  I blunted his drive and counterattacked, taking all his cities but one.  That's when my entire civilization went on strike!  I was in Civ HELL until I was able to get Code of Laws and build Courthouses in all my cities.  Finally, I was able to get everything going forward.  By that time, Ragnar had filled the rest of the open land and, while not as powerful or researched as I am, it's going to take a few more Turns until I can wrap this up.  It is a foregone conclusion though.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob