Zulu Response -- An Indie FPS

Started by steve58, May 29, 2015, 01:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on May 31, 2015, 06:32:11 PM
^You're welcome :)

I didn't say I got lucky Gus.  I've been married for quite some time, it take more than a screenshot to pull that off for me. 

Sadly, I had to spend 15 minutes explaining exactly WHAT Custer's Revenge was, and then getting a Rom for Stella off Atari Age, and then doing a live demonstration of said game. 

Good thing you didn't bring up Beat 'Em and Eat 'Em.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

You're welcome anyway. For the record I didn't bring it up, I only illustrated.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: Greybriar on May 30, 2015, 11:15:44 AM

Are you familiar with ZuluWar!? It's an old game by Jeff Lapkoff who also designed and developed The Drift 1879, The Alamo!, Custer's Last Command, and several other PC games.

Yeah, I've already purchased The Drift, but I haven't picked up Zulu Wars yet. I should probably do that!

Greybriar

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on June 01, 2015, 09:03:07 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on May 30, 2015, 11:15:44 AM

Are you familiar with ZuluWar!? It's an old game by Jeff Lapkoff who also designed and developed The Drift 1879, The Alamo!, Custer's Last Command, and several other PC games.

Yeah, I've already purchased The Drift, but I haven't picked up Zulu Wars yet. I should probably do that!

ZuluWar! was a decent game in its day, but I haven't played it in close to 20 years. I don't know what the current version is like.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

spelk


Hofstadter

Those grunts make me mildly uncomfortable
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

magnus

Sometimes I just watch the credits rolling in "Zulu Dawn" to hear the singing.


JasonPratt

That looks more than reasonably swell!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Xenophon

I didn't realize how much I needed a Zulu Wars FPS in my life - until I arrived in this thread and discovered that such a game actually exists! Now I wonder how long it'll take until there's an inevitable zombie modification for it.

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Freyland

Quote from: Xenophon on March 31, 2016, 01:29:06 PM
I didn't realize how much I needed a Zulu Wars FPS in my life - until I arrived in this thread and discovered that such a game actually exists! Now I wonder how long it'll take until there's an inevitable zombie modification for it.
Don't be too hasty to judge there, Mister.... What if the mod was the Zulu fighting zombies?

AchillesLastStand

Gonville Bromhead approves of this video game............

JasonPratt

Quote from: Freyland on March 31, 2016, 09:03:12 PM
Quote from: Xenophon on March 31, 2016, 01:29:06 PM
I didn't realize how much I needed a Zulu Wars FPS in my life - until I arrived in this thread and discovered that such a game actually exists! Now I wonder how long it'll take until there's an inevitable zombie modification for it.
Don't be too hasty to judge there, Mister.... What if the mod was the Zulu fighting zombies?

Or both the Zulu and the British teaming up to fight zombies, each relying on the strengths of the other?

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Xenophon

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 01, 2016, 12:29:25 PM
Or both the Zulu and the British teaming up to fight zombies, each relying on the strengths of the other?

^ That could actually make for an interesting summertime blockbuster action-thriller!

spelk

#29
(necroposting)

Oh. My. Giddy. Aunt.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/401250

SPOOGE! :)

Never have I wanted a single game SO MUCH.