Main Menu

Steam Summer Sale 2015

Started by steve58, May 29, 2015, 06:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

-budd-

i got off light this year, none of my wishlist items hit the 75% off mark. I picked up Halflife 2 with episode 1&2, finished the whole lot already, now valve can release halflife 3. I also picked up space hulk complete, the first one[not sure i could run ascension] and call of juarez, call of juarez bound in blood. Total damage for the steam sale under $20.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper

I ended up with one sale purchase, fallout new Vegas for $2.50   That's it.

Gusington

Breach & Clear
Doorkickers
Apotheon
Rome 2 Total War - Pelopponnesian War DLC

Total of around 19 dollah. I have decided to wait on AssCreed - Rogue. They refuse to push it below 30.00.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat


Gusington

19 dollah is 19 dollah. At least I held fast on AssCreed.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

My wallet remains securely within my pants, my credit card gathering dust inside. Not only because I am strong, but because I am CHEAP. :-X
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 21, 2015, 09:54:24 PM
My wallet remains securely within my pants, my credit card gathering dust inside. Not only because I am strong, but because I am CHEAP. :-X

Like many on the forum, you are not wearing pants. Did the wife run off shopping?
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

ComradeP

#202
Mr. Bigglesworth: I think Praetorians wasn't mainstream enough to be a big success. It was made by Pyro Studios from Spain, and most people only know they made Commandos if they know what the studio is/was to begin with. I personally also liked the game a lot, but I guess it was just too obscure to be a big success. For instance, I'm not sure how many larger game stores sold the game at the time.

The game also tends to crash on modern PC's, unless you use some workarounds.

-

I picked up Dishonored GOTY. I had not played it yet and from time to time I get the urge to play a nice stealth/infiltration game. Thus far, it's what I hoped Thief III would be (although some indicator as to how visible/loud you are would be nice). I'm not going to touch the most recent Thief with a 10 ft pole. The recent Splinter Cell games might also have been an option, I stopped playing the series at Double Agent.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

FlickJax

Battlelore Command and Space Hulk Ascension  however these will probably join the 10 plus games I have already bought this year without starting!!!!

bob48

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 21, 2015, 09:54:24 PM
My wallet remains securely within my pants, my credit card gathering dust inside. Not only because I am strong, but because I am CHEAP. :-X

I like your style  ;)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Shelldrake

Now we wait for the Christmas sale!  ;D
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Sir Slash

I always wear pants while on this forum. Not always zipped-up, but worn. And they are my own pants. Because I ask my wife every time she hands them to me, "Honey, are these my pants or yours"? And she always laughs and says, "You're always sooo... funny". I take that as a yes.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 22, 2015, 10:50:05 AM
I always wear pants while on this forum. Not always zipped-up, but worn. And they are my own pants. Because I ask my wife every time she hands them to me, "Honey, are these my pants or yours"? And she always laughs and says, "You're always sooo... funny". I take that as a yes.

Your wife hands you your pants? You leave your credit cards in them? That explains her quote. Better look to see if they are cardboard with crayola in your pocket.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Martok

The only thing I've grabbed is the Battlegrounds DLC for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes ($2.49). 

I've *almost* hit the purchase button for the remastered version of Homeworld, but cheap as it is, I'm still just a little too broke this month to justify doing so (especially since goodness only knows how long I'd take to get around to playing the bloody thing).  Gonna be good and force myself to wait.  O:-) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

^If I did it with AssCreed - Rogue...you too can do it.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd