Football Manager 2015?

Started by Nefaro, June 05, 2015, 01:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

I see FM2015 is on a Steam Weekend Sale right now.

I recall watching a vid or two on it awhile back, and thinking the UI changes did it no favors.  Maybe it just takes getting used to. *shrug*  Either way, there looks to be some notable changes since FM2014.  I enjoyed FM2014 and only had some minor complaints, especially compared to most other sports manager sims.


I'm sure some of you already own this version.  Are the match results solid or did they devolve since the previous year?  Are injuries as bad as many reviews say?  The newer 3D animations screwy?

Impressions!  Let's have 'em!

FlickJax

I am a bit biased as have bought everyone since 1992 when it first came out, still love it although not as addicted as I used to be CM 01/02 was best.

This one is better than last year I think; still get a little annoyed with the unhappy player scripts they have brought in as it happens all too often.

Match engine not perfect but does the job reasonably well.

Buy it if you like football (ie where you use your feet ;) )

Lord Zimoa

Hi guys,

Recommend it, if your a real football/soccer fan/follower, it is still simply one of the best football managing simulations out there.

Complicated, deep but with a lot of detail and just one more turn addiction looming around the corner.


Cheers,

Tim aka LZ






Grim.Reaper

I was tempted as well, but I fear I wont play it much like every year when I buy it....no denying it is one of the best sport sims out there, but I often overthink the game and never get past all the various setup options (i.e. what countries to use, how much detail, etc.)...always afraid to start out with the wrong setup to only find out later it wasn't what I wanted....just my own sickness:)

Nefaro

#4
I thought the Unhappy player stuff in the previous version was bad.  This one's worse? 

Still dunno.  I may just wait until next year's version.  Especially since OOTP will probably go on sale in another month or thereabouts.


Being a 'Murican, I don't follow the sport despite my hometown team doing extremely well lately.  But I do enjoy career sports manager sims and FM is the most polished of the bunch. 

Does this year's version still have the "Classic" FM mode?  That should (hopefully) avoid more of the runaway Angry & Overdemanding Salary Player issues IIRC.  Unless they ripped it out.

chemkid

hi there! what's the weekend offer price for fm2015 on steam? as a german customer, i cannot get to the storepage...
i'm going to buy the game at one of them key-only-retailers when the price is low enough... still, i'd like to compare.

thanks in advance.
chem!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: chemkid on June 06, 2015, 04:15:21 AM
hi there! what's the weekend offer price for fm2015 on steam? as a german customer, i cannot get to the storepage...
i'm going to buy the game at one of them key-only-retailers when the price is low enough... still, i'd like to compare.

thanks in advance.
chem!

It is $16.99 on steam....

www.cdkeys.com has it for $14.91

chemkid

thanks. guess i have to wait a little longer... the latest ootp looks very good, too.

cheers!
chem!