Star Wars: Battlefront new footage

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, June 15, 2015, 05:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Grim.Reaper

Well, release day is tomorrow....anyone looking to pick up right away?  I'll eventually get it, but not sure I can justify full price since I only plan on using the single player modes...unless I find it real cheap somewhere:)  I have a hard time saying no to star wars themed games....

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 16, 2015, 06:46:31 PM
Well, release day is tomorrow....anyone looking to pick up right away?  I'll eventually get it, but not sure I can justify full price since I only plan on using the single player modes...unless I find it real cheap somewhere:)  I have a hard time saying no to star wars themed games....

Been tempted, but the Beta really lost me.  I've not heard good things about those that got to play the 10 hour preview version either.  Seems a growing consensus is that Walker Assault is really the only mode worth playing, and while it's good, and very fun, it gets repetitive and is not worth the high price tag. 

I'd snap Battlefront up at $25.  Not at the current asking price.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Arctic Blast

Well, GreenMan had a preorder discount...so I caved.

Of course, now it turns out they aren't handing out keys until release, so no pre-loading. And they're oversold, so possible no key until Thursday.  >:(

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 17, 2015, 12:32:32 AM
Well, GreenMan had a preorder discount...so I caved.

Of course, now it turns out they aren't handing out keys until release, so no pre-loading. And they're oversold, so possible no key until Thursday.  >:(

Was going to get this earlier from GMG and found they were sold out and keys wouldn't be out for a couple days. Glad I did because at this point I am having a hard time justifying the high price tag, especially for repetitive gameplay.

Grim.Reaper

Isn't Thursday the release day for Europe/world version?  Wondering if they ended up getting those keys instead the ones released today.  Still not a very good situation for those who pre ordered and expected to be playing today.  Also saw some people discussing on qt3 as to whether gmg is really always selling legit keys, sounds like they were not allowed to sell ubi/wb keys but did and has called into question everything they sell.  No idea if accurate and even if so, not overly surprised by it....I have never had an issue with any of my purchases.

Sounds like a tough day for gmg......

Toonces

That beta did nothing for me.  I thought this was going to be a sure thing when I saw the trailer, but after playing it...meh.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Tpek

I've seen it at retail stores here.

Anyone actually tried it yet?

Grimnirsson

#98
This is not a Battlefront game...this is a typical rip off of a beloved franchise.

Free Radical Design developed a real Battlefront 3 and it was done to 95%...then it got cancelled.

Even the only 95% ready game puts the new Battlefront crap to shame...you don't believe this? Check out if you might have loved to play this here:

Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Grimnirsson

I know....it hurts...let me repeat, this game was not only the dream come true for every SW fan...for every BF fan...it was almost ready to be published...but luckily we now have the EA/DICE version...empty shell of a boring game ready to be filled with microtransaction BS and overpriced DLC...good times...eh?
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Jarhead0331

Who owns the SWBF3 code? Any chance someone can pick it up and complete/publish it?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Ian C

EA seem to have this theory that removing all the fun from games makes for good gaming. It's called Simulated Fun. It's not the same as Real Fun, but they have spent millions trying to perfect Simulated Fun and it doesn't work yet. The execs shake their heads and wonder why Sims 4 and Sim Cities didn't work out.
SimCity was blown away by Cities: Skylines (which has Real Fun) and Sims 4 (which cut the open world and customize-everything feature) was upstaged by Sims 3 (which also has Real Fun). Sims 3 still outsells Sims 4.

Until they realize that dismembering a game and trying to sell it piece by piece, by putting profit over fun doesn't work, we will continue seeing these screw-ups.


Swatter

I saw the hopping around footage and am reminded why I hate console gamers.

Jarhead0331

...is anyone playing the game and actually enjoying it?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18