Ghost Recon Wildlands

Started by JudgeDredd, June 22, 2015, 07:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

Guess I've had a slightly different experience then Judge. AI teammates sync shot I find is pretty crap. Often times I'll have a shot but they keep losing the target. Its fucked me over a few times on some of the can't be detected missions. While I haven't found the enemy AI brilliant it has surprised me a few times. Then again, I'm crap at FPS's so it doesn't take much to do that. As for the AI appearing in your vehicle, I actually think that's covering for some bad AI path finding. I notice it pretty consistently when I get into a vehicle, 1-2 of my squad mates will get in fine but the the others get hung up on terrain. Could also be a gameplay thing for the console/less hard core/less patient crowd that just want to get in and go.

Completely agree about the cleared locations. I can see them moving back in to some locations if you haven't cleared the province but it would be nice to see rebels occupy these locations if you have a certain level of rebels ops. Also the time between the areas respawning should be longer. I've left a location for 5-10 minutes real time, come back the same way and its completely repopulated.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Jarhead0331

I've got 27 hours in so far and still going strong. Finding new weapons and accessories is like crack to me.

I think the sync shot mechanic with AI works very well overall. I am not bothered by teammates spawning in the vehicle, again, this isn't supposed to be a hyper realistic simulation like the original GR titles, and it's convenient for my style of play. If there is one thing I don't like about the AI squad it is their uncanny ability to be too far away to provide any meaningful support when I need it most. Too often I have found myself isolated and cornered when my teammates are off on some other part of the map horsing around.

At first I really disliked flight mechanics, but I have grown really used to it and I use helos and planes whenever I can. I do wish there was some aim point or hud to use for mounted helo weapons. As is, they are mostly useless. I also wish there was more variety with aircraft.

I really like the plot and concept of dismantling a drug cartel and the map is truly the real star here. It is so diverse and breathtaking. I could fly, drive, run and boat around all day long shooting stuff. Lots of fun.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Kushan

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 26, 2017, 05:31:58 PM
I've got 27 hours in so far and still going strong. Finding new weapons and accessories is like crack to me.

I think the sync shot mechanic with AI works very well overall. I am not bothered by teammates spawning in the vehicle, again, this isn't supposed to be a hyper realistic simulation like the original GR titles, and it's convenient for my style of play. If there is one thing I don't like about the AI squad it is their uncanny ability to be too far away to provide any meaningful support when I need it most. Too often I have found myself isolated and cornered when my teammates are off on some other part of the map horsing around.

At first I really disliked flight mechanics, but I have grown really used to it and I use helos and planes whenever I can. I do wish there was some aim point or hud to use for mounted helmet weapons. As is, they are mostly useless.

I really like the plot and concept of dismantling a drug cartel and the map is truly the real star here. It is so diverse and breathtaking. I could fly, drive, run and boat around all day long shooting stuff. Lots of fun.

Other then a couple quirks pretty much nailed my opinion of it. If I wanted hyper realistic I'd go play ARMA III. But just driving around hitting random drug cartel locations for a new weapon or bonus medal is addicting.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

JudgeDredd

Flying in choppers, I love. Planes - just can't do at the moment. Well, not true - I can take off and fly, but where you have to land, I can't do.

I find the same as JH with the AI squad being nowhere near you when you need them sometimes.

Funny thing the other day (to do with your squad teleporting) - I had failed a mission to take a plane (been spotted, all sorts of enemy coming in and mortar fire blew the plane up). Well, if you fail a mission like that it's a while (or you have to be far away for it to spawn again. But there's an exploit where if you die (and don't get revived), you spawn near the mission and the plane is back. However - dying is the trick. You're squad mates can revive you. So I tried to kill myself with C4. Squad mates came in and revived me. Tried again...got revived. I thought I could only be revived once....so I was surprised. Tried again and got revived. Huh? Brought my squad mates to me so they died with me....they lived and revived me. Come on!? Sent them about 200 yards away into an enemy camp...waited for them to get there, planted the C4 and blew...they were there - reviving me. Could not die. That had me laughing at my fail.

A couple of other things I didn't mention previously

• I am pretty impressed with the enemy AI. When they start to detect you and you hide, they will investigate near you. If you are properly detected they start shouting and more head in
  • The terrain - it's so good that dropping down to prone in the long grass actually does hide you
  • The reinforcements mechanic where if you let the enemy shout enough, reinforcements will be in bound pretty quickly
  • The different enemy - I like the fact you have the rebels and then you have Unidad. The Unidad has much better equipment and if you wake them up, you better have some ammo

I can't praise it enough.
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

Kind of amazed you didnt see any bugs, JD. :)
My experience has shown several. Enemies shooting through solid concrete, me getting stuck in terrain, nightvision either not wanting to engage or not wanting to disengage, unable to shoot after switching a weapon and de-syncs of friends in multiplayer are daily occurences.

As said before I find my AI mates to make the game rather easy and I play on the second highest difficulty. The highest difficulty isnt fun as the enemies seem to have super spotting abilities and stealth becomes a problem.

Still, I am having a lot of fun, SP as well as in MP.

I, too, got used to the helo controls and they are fine now. Kind of counter intuitive at first, but it works ok.

The thing I really dont like is that you can already ice El Sueno after killing only 2 bosses. I don't really understand why, cause you would think the whole structure of the Cartel would crumble with the big boss gone. Obviously it doesnt, in fact, there is absolutely no indication the remaining guys even know the big boss has been capped.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 27, 2017, 03:16:19 AM
My experience has shown several. Enemies shooting through solid concrete, me getting stuck in terrain, nightvision either not wanting to engage or not wanting to disengage, unable to shoot after switching a weapon and de-syncs of friends in multiplayer are daily occurences.

As said before I find my AI mates to make the game rather easy and I play on the second highest difficulty. The highest difficulty isnt fun as the enemies seem to have super spotting abilities and stealth becomes a problem.

I, too, got used to the helo controls and they are fine now. Kind of counter intuitive at first, but it works ok.

The thing I really dont like is that you can already ice El Sueno after killing only 2 bosses. I don't really understand why, cause you would think the whole structure of the Cartel would crumble with the big boss gone. Obviously it doesnt, in fact, there is absolutely no indication the remaining guys even know the big boss has been capped.

For the record, I haven't experienced any real bigs either. I've gotten stuck in mountainous terrain once! I think that is pretty remarkable for a game with such a large, diverse map. But I haven't had any of the night vision, shooting or weapons issues you mentioned. Wonder if those are mostly mp side issues....still, for such a big, open game, I think they deserve credit.

Is going after sueno early on a game exploit? I've only taken down two bunchons myself, but have been given no indication that I can take down sueno, and I've visited every province on the map.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 27, 2017, 03:16:19 AM

I recall one - where Z wouldn't launch my drone. It manifested itself when I ALT-Tabbed out to Windows. ALT-Tab out and back in fixed it iirc.

But honestly, not stuck once. No shooting issues that I've noticed though as I mentioned my AI seem to be able to get eyes on when I really doubt they can gvien the location of the enemy and where my squad is. But as I can't actually "see" where my guy is, I can't verify that he can't see the target from his location...it just seems to me given enemy and friendly AI that he shouldn't be able to from his location

I haven't played MP so haven't experienced the d-syncs though I have read of that issue in other places (when I was looking for the no drone launch issue)
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

Interesting that we have different experiences, makes me wonder if some things might be hardware related? But yes, most of my hours have been in MP with a squad of friends.

Its a remarkable achievement, this game, if only for the sheer size of the map, its detailedness the dynamic weather system and the amount of 'life' there is on such a big map.
Truely awesome!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 27, 2017, 10:58:33 AM
Interesting that we have different experiences, makes me wonder if some things might be hardware related? But yes, most of my hours have been in MP with a squad of friends.

Its a remarkable achievement, this game, if only for the sheer size of the map, its detailedness the dynamic weather system and the amount of 'life' there is on such a big map.
Truely awesome!
Well you mentioned being stuck in rocks and being shot through concrete. The map and content is huge. It's entirely possible (in fact you could argue very likely) that there are clipping issues with specific rocks at specific sections or specific buildings here and there.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Truely awesome!

^This! And I fear that ubisoft will never be given the credit it deserves for this game because (1) It isn't Ghost Recon in the traditional sense; and (2) because haters are simply gonna hate, and there is no shortage of ubisoft haters out there.

Anyway, I completely agree that this game is a tremendous accomplishment. So much fun. it has definitely grabbed a hold of me much tighter than The Division ever did. The plot and background of that game just never really appealed to me. However, an SF team working with the CIA to destroy a Mexican drug cartel in Bolivia...YES! Its like living out my Sicario/Clear and Present Danger dreams...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2017, 01:36:22 PM
Its like living out my Sicario/Clear and Present Danger dreams...

when you put it that way...
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Yskonyn

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2017, 06:48:48 AM

Is going after sueno early on a game exploit? I've only taken down two bunchons myself, but have been given no indication that I can take down sueno, and I've visited every province on the map.

No its by design aparently. One of the loading screen tips even tells you something like;" El Sueno will react once you have killed two of his lieutenants. You can reach him then."

I think I got a call from Bowman to indicate he was on the move.

jomni

Thanks to your views, I just bought this.  Seems to be on sale until today.

bboyer66

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2017, 01:36:22 PM

Truely awesome!

^This! And I fear that ubisoft will never be given the credit it deserves for this game because (1) It isn't Ghost Recon in the traditional sense; and (2) because haters are simply gonna hate, and there is no shortage of ubisoft haters out there.

Anyway, I completely agree that this game is a tremendous accomplishment. So much fun. it has definitely grabbed a hold of me much tighter than The Division ever did. The plot and background of that game just never really appealed to me. However, an SF team working with the CIA to destroy a Mexican drug cartel in Bolivia...YES! Its like living out my Sicario/Clear and Present Danger dreams...

Are you playing it on the PC?

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog