Its Friday, ain't got no job, ain't got no $hit to do. Might as well get high

Started by Jarhead0331, July 02, 2015, 09:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

besilarius

Slash, if you're going into Italy, there's an old novel on this.  "Lest the Darkness Fall" by L. Sprague deCamp.
Quite imaginative.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Sir Slash

Well it's damned dark there Besilarius. And the Goths like to wear a lot of black clothes and body paint and it makes it awful hard to see them in the dark. So I light them up with flaming arrows. That works pretty well. Gus, I'm not sure if I trust this little guy with his funny crown and gay( happy)- colored ships sailing around while I do all his work for him. I might just take that damned crown off his head and put it on my own. But I'll let him keep my boot where I put it.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

panzerde

Quote from: besilarius on July 06, 2015, 09:29:52 PM
Slash, if you're going into Italy, there's an old novel on this.  "Lest the Darkness Fall" by L. Sprague deCamp.
Quite imaginative.

Since I remember when this was a paperback I could buy out of the wire book rack at my local supermarket, I think that makes me officially old.  ;D

Excellent story though, and well worth picking up. It was very influential on SF and laid the groundwork for similar stories later.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

vyshka

Quote from: vyshka on July 03, 2015, 02:22:43 PM
Currently loading up the client for World of Warships and Star Wars Battlefront (Closed Alpha) so I will probably be spending time with them today. Tonight will be gaming, and trying to keep my 2 year old from being scared if people are setting off fireworks.

Other games possibly up for playing this weekend:

Diablo 3
Distant Worlds: Universe
Fallout 3
Baldur's Gate
Football Manager 2015
Star Ruler 2
Galactic Civilizations 3
Age of Wonder 3
Endless Legends
XCOM
Battlefield 4


I ended up playing a little bit of World of Warships and the Star Wars Battlefront alpha, but most of my time was spent in Diablo 3 and Hearthstone. I finally dove into Torment 1 and did some greater rifts. I also finished my season with Tamworth in Football Manager 2015 and proceeded to get fired because we finished mid table instead of in the playoffs.
Started a new game as Swansea in the EPL.