Main Menu

Casino Games?

Started by RooksBailey, July 15, 2015, 10:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RooksBailey

Since I've been feasting on films noir, I suddenly have a craving to play some casino games (for fun, not for money  :) ).  I guess that is what happens when every movie you watch has someone playing poker, roulette or craps.   ;D  I actually thought there would be a bunch of sites out there to cover this stuff, but all I have found are some scattered sites devoted to individual games.  I found:

1) TX Poker:  This seems to be a decent site with a lot of players that span the gamut of skill.  A clean, web-based interface makes it easy to play,too.  And the site seems to reward you constantly with chips. 

2) Max Roulette:  This has a slick Unity engine, and seems to play pretty well.  However, the servers seem sparsely populated with maybe five people per table tops at peak hours.

3) Craps: I can't find a single craps game outside of a single player demo on a craps instructional site!   Really???

I also haven't had any luck finding one site for all these games (well, with the exception of the ridiculous Vegas World that has the worst aspects of a Facebook game, complete with nauseating avatars that look like paper dolls that emote <shudder>).

Am I missing any good sites for casino games such as these (again, not looking to really gamble with money.  Also, I want to play against real people not an AI)?



"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

weateallthepies

There's "The Four Kings Casino and Slots" on steam which looks like an MMO casino thing. Free to play but I imagine the idea is to get you to spend eventually. Don't know anything else about it though.

JasonPratt

I've heard generally good things about the Four Kings, too.

If I recall correctly, Hoyle Casino 2012 allows you to play on its servers against real people; but of course you have to spend real money to buy the game. Lots of casino games and variants, though. I bought it recently to test a roulette strategy; naturally I didn't care about the online component, but I recall it being there.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

RooksBailey

#3
Thanks for the ideas, guys!  I checked out The Four Kings Casino and Slots game on Steam.  Ya know, that is precisely what I had in mind when I started seeking out casino games.  I figured there must be lots of such casino MMOs out there seeing how it would make for a natural fit.  I am somewhat surprised to see that FKCS is the only one out there!  As for the game itself, I was going to give it a try, but too many of the reviews appear to be negative.  Apparently this is a refugee title from PSN.  From what I can gather, the devs betrayed their initial kickstarter(?) promise and turned the game into a pay to win fiasco.  One review I read said that their rep was so damaged over at PSN that they were forced to flee to Steam to try and salvage the game which, based on the reviews, doesn't seem to be working. 

I might give it a try anyway, it is F2P after all, but right now I've been having too much fun with the World Series of Poker app on Facebook and my Fire.  This is a great little poker community,  Really, it is almost identical to the TX Hold'em game I posted above (which makes me think that TX Hold'em is either the testbed for WSOP, or some dev is completely ripping off WSOP!  ;D ).  Like TX, WSOP hands out piles of chips to keep you playing, tracks your XP for leveling (it boosts your chips haul), and seems to have a very active community with regular tourneys.  Highly recommended. 

As for the other games - Roulette and Craps - nothing to write home about yet.   :(

Just as an aside, I think the fact that I am now playing tablet/web-based games more than "hardcore" PC games is a sure sign of the gaming apocalypse.   >:D  Elite: Dangerous is the only PC game that has held my attention all year.  The ONLY game I have purchased this year is Invisible Inc.  No regrets on that one (but the dev has grown a bit too quiet for me).  Point is:  I think I finally reached the breaking point with PC gaming.  I guess that is why I have begun to eye one of those 2 in 1 tablets.  I am starting to find the app/light gaming scene more interesting than the PC scene.  Imagine that....
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway