Alien 5: WhatwhatWHAT?!?

Started by BanzaiCat, July 16, 2015, 08:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I might have been surprised that a thread can go from the horrors of the Alien franchise to "sparklenipples" in but a few pages, when I first came on board here, but now I'd be disappointed if someone didn't bring up ghey, Hillary Clinton, sparking battery cable clamps attached to fat nipples, or hooching Sammy Hagar up the ol' poopchute within that frame.

Actually this kind of thing should appear on the front page, so maybe you old dudes are losing your edge.

mirth

It's hard to maintain the level of excellence we've established as the norm. Sometimes I think we set the bar too high.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

That is true. Once you broach the anal, fleshlight, and Red Rocker diddling jokes, everyone expects you to up the ante the next thread around.

undercovergeek

It really is like a school trip of all the naughtiest kids - anywhere else I read breaks down into rational arguments, cogent thought and sage theories - fk that, I'm here for the beers, boobs, and beans

Sir Slash

I've often felt that nipples should sparkle. Or light-up anyway, in the dark it would make it easier to find them. Now the other stuff doesn't need any more light on it, Thank You.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

If you have a hard time finding nipples in the dark, I don't know what to tell you.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

I quizzed my daughter on Alien, and found out she bailed out when the chestburster came out. I had to explain to her that was really the only bloody/gory scene in the whole movie (at least that I remember...need to watch it again I think), and that Alien was a LOT more about tension and shite you can't see but knew was there, than action and/or bloody stuff. Though that one scene is more than enough to make up for a lack of gore otherwise...

mirth

Ridley Scott didn't fully reveal to the cast what was going to happen in that scene, so he could capture their natural reactions. I imagine there were some soiled shorts.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2009/oct/13/making-of-alien-chestburster

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on July 22, 2015, 10:02:48 AM
Ridley Scott fucking rocks.

I still don't know if I like Prometheus or not, though.  :-\

mirth

JasonPratt

Re other gory Alien scenes: the first time the grown Alien attacks can be pretty traumatic, though not to the same degree. The next 'goriest' part is probably Ash's death. I can't recall any other actually gory parts -- Captain Dallas just disappears from the theatrical cut never to be seen again, and... I don't recall when or how Yaphet Kotto dies, though I remember he's bleeding from the mouth. But it can't be on the same level as Ash, much less the chestburster.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

No, you've covered it all, Jason.  Chestburster and death of Ash are the only scenes that could be called gory as far as I'm concerned.

I'm dying to show the Alien series to my kids, but at 9 and 5, it ain't happening any time soon. :(

BanzaiCat

I didn't think of Ash's death scene. It didn't bother me when I was a kid. I remember thinking how weird it was. The only thing somewhat disturbing about it was the body thrashing around.

JasonPratt

Well, that and his attempt to kill Ripley by, in effect, orally raping her with a rolled up magazine. {shudder}
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!