Little monster, I got my FRIDAY on you!

Started by MetalDog, July 16, 2015, 11:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Does sherbert mean something different in the UK than it does here?

Continuing the Attila TW Last Roman campaign and hoping to play a bit of Ryse - Son of Rome.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on July 17, 2015, 07:25:22 AM
Does sherbert mean something different in the UK than it does here?

Continuing the Attila TW Last Roman campaign and hoping to play a bit of Ryse - Son of Rome.
Booze (but we also have sweety sherbert
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Toonces

Still working on cleaning up the man cave and getting settled into the new house.  However, I hope to take some time for ARMA2: British Campaign, ARMA 3 multiplayer on King of the Hill, and if I pick it up I'd like to give Axis Football a try.

If the ARMA 2 campaign doesn't grab me I may regress back to Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising and work on that campaign some more.

Finally, I think it's about time to dust off the old HOTAS and start re-learning BMS Falcon.

Pretty ambitious gaming schedule this weekend.  I'll be curious to see how much I actually get to.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Airborne Rifles

Going to try to finish up the Northern Fury 4: A Cold and Lonely Place scenario in CMANO, and get the AAR started for that.

Tuna

Some WITP pbem with SDR, and some Antietam pbem with Panzerde.

Will probably try to do some Beyond Earth or Rome II since I just grabbed my 'own' copies on sale recently (won't have to use my son's library).

Maybe some Warlock MP with Bob and MD if the stars align.

Cyrano

Last weekend before the long-awaited (and regrettably postponed) trip to Waterloo via Birmingham and London.

Campaign: Waterloo continues with Doug...still no Frogs North of the Sambre...

Doug has been greasing me in John Tiller's Campaign Series.  Currently fighting a 1940 battle over the Dyle.  I'll just repeat, this remains one of the best games of this type ever made.  The Arab-Israeli game will be a day-one purchase, but I am REALLY eager to see the graphics updates retrofitted.

Commander: The Great War with Doug.  The Turks and the Italians are getting the lion's share of the work done as their bigger brothers slog it out on the Eastern and Western Fronts.

Finished the second Gallipoli scenario with Boggit.  He was doing pretty well given the difficulty of his assault (uphill and I had a really nice machine gun), but then needed to jump into the trenches to seize a VPLOC, grenades started flying, and something like 30 Aussies died in a single turn.

Still making my way through SoW:W.

And I will make a quiet wish for a Sicily turn from Vance.  On a star.  Late at night.  With a candle burning gently in the background.  As a lonely tear trickles from my eye.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)


Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bob48

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 17, 2015, 06:39:44 AM
If you'd prefer Bawb...I'm in Newcastle on the Wednesday night...I could meet up for a couple of beers with you? I'll be having a few sherberts anyway...it might be more convenient than an 8am rise!

That's a better plan, as the traffic in the mornings can be a bit of a bugger. Again, what time suits you - is around 7.30ish OK or would you prefer later?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Nefaro

Looks like I'm gonna be doing lots of World Of Warships.   

JudgeDredd

Quote from: bob48 on July 17, 2015, 09:55:21 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 17, 2015, 06:39:44 AM
If you'd prefer Bawb...I'm in Newcastle on the Wednesday night...I could meet up for a couple of beers with you? I'll be having a few sherberts anyway...it might be more convenient than an 8am rise!

That's a better plan, as the traffic in the mornings can be a bit of a bugger. Again, what time suits you - is around 7.30ish OK or would you prefer later?
About 8pm? I get into Newcastle about 17:00 and I'll have to get showered, changed, unpacked and fed.

PM me where you want to meet - rather than clog up the Friday thread with our rendezvous details. We don't want any riff raff turning up  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

bob48

I am riff-raff..............lol

Will do.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Kushan

Lots of CMANO for me this weekend. Tonight I'll be putting the finishing touches on my US Iran strike scenario for my twitch strewam tomorrow. Really interested in Helicopter assault scenarios, of which there are none that I can find. So I am going to start putting some scenarios together based around a Marine Amphibious group. I also need to start working on beta two for my French SSBN hunt scenario, which will include randomized weather, air support for the player, and some difficulty/balance tweaks.

Other then CMANO, I'll be putting some time in my new Cleveland class cruiser in World of Warships and my new game of Crusader Kings 2 with the new horse lords DLC as the Count, now Duke, Hapsburg.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Gusington

Sweety Sherbert should be ucg's pr0n name.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on July 17, 2015, 02:13:12 PM
Sweety Sherbert should be ucg's pr0n name.
lol - that works!

Hey Sweety Sherbert - where's my CM:BS turn?  :P
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

I'll go with a Stardrive II to start with. Playing with the Bears as i don't see the point to choose a diplomatic race...