Little monster, I got my FRIDAY on you!

Started by MetalDog, July 16, 2015, 11:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek


WallysWorld

I'm in a city or business building mood so...

Continuing the Roman campaign for Imperium Romanum
Start playing Commander: Conquest of the Americas
CMRT PBEM
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

MetalDog

I'm going to make all y'alls day.  Watch now and thank me later.


And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Fifty Shades of Strange. But it did make my day. I'm trying to wrap-up the final battle of the CMBN German campaign but dammit did they make this last fight as rough as Brillo toilet paper. Needing a little break, I'll try a Skyrim or POE. Happy Weekend-ing Grogs. 8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GroggyGrognard

Getting more of a feel for OOTP 16 as the Seattle Mariners. I just bought it on sale from Steam.


Quote from: Cyrano on July 17, 2015, 09:50:47 AM
Commander: The Great War with Doug.  The Turks and the Italians are getting the lion's share of the work done as their bigger brothers slog it out on the Eastern and Western Fronts.

Fantastic PC game overall. Arguably the best of the Commander series, with the subject matter being most fitting.


Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Anguille

Quote from: WallysWorld on July 17, 2015, 05:51:35 PM
I'm in a city or business building mood so...
Continuing the Roman campaign for Imperium Romanum
One of my all time favorites....which city are you building?

WallysWorld

#36
Quote from: Anguille on July 18, 2015, 02:31:34 AM
Quote from: WallysWorld on July 17, 2015, 05:51:35 PM
I'm in a city or business building mood so...
Continuing the Roman campaign for Imperium Romanum
One of my all time favorites....which city are you building?
Just finished the Tarraco scenario and I'm onto Rome scenario which starts in 146 BC. I like the game too.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

JasonPratt

I seem to be mostly working on learning how to use Shadowplay and Sony Movie Studio together for a project that the Bro was hoping I could do for the nieces. Which has succeeded so far: creating a G(ish)-rated cut of the Back to the Future series.

Along the way I learned that the Blu ray conversion (which I've owned for a while) looks terrible -- I was going to say, still better than DVD in some ways, but converting it back to DVD resolution might actually have helped it a little!  :buck2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Apparently I've mostly been in a fantasy 4x mood this last week.  I'd been playing the hell out of FE:LH up until Thursday, and now have a Halfling campaign going in Age of Wonders 3 (since I picked up the Golden Realms and Eternal Lords DLC in that GOG sale). 

To round things out, I've also resumed my Federation campaign in BOTF (Ultimate Mod 5), and have also spent a little time with my just-purchased Steam versions of both Shogun and Medieval Total War.  Fun! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bbmike

Ended up playing Armada 2526. I forgot how much I enjoy this 4x space game.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Tuna

Ended up getting hooked on World of Warships

Nefaro


Martok

Quote from: bbmike on July 19, 2015, 06:05:17 PM
Ended up playing Armada 2526. I forgot how much I enjoy this 4x space game.
O0

I can't remember:  Do you have the Supernova expansion/Gold Edition? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bbmike

Quote from: Martok on July 20, 2015, 02:48:04 PM
Quote from: bbmike on July 19, 2015, 06:05:17 PM
Ended up playing Armada 2526. I forgot how much I enjoy this 4x space game.
O0

I can't remember:  Do you have the Supernova expansion/Gold Edition?

Yes, I do. And I wish they would release another one.  :)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JudgeDredd

Well...I did get to play F1 2015.

Started my championship and got 1 hour of practice, 30 minutes of qualifying and a 58 lap race done at Albert Park. I used the flashback...ALOT! Just when I made a stupid mistake because I wasn't concentrating...like running off the track because my head flashed to the side to see what was going on in the cricket...for example.

I was disappointed that I couldn't change the pit stop strategy meaning I was due 3 (yep...THREE) pit stops. I started on Options. Had 2 pit stops with 2 sets of Options and then a third with Prime. Also, the AI split the pit stops evenly - so 14-15 laps on each set of tyres. So on my starting set, I had 14 laps. First stop, I got 15 laps (my choice) to 29. Second stop I got 15 laps (my choice again) to 44 and on my third stop (for Primes) I got 14 laps to 56. Why I couldn't have stretched each of the options for an extra lap or two and took the primes longer I don't know...but I wasn't able to edit the strategy...so that was poor implementation.

Also - I'm not sure the AI wasn't cheating. Ricciardo had 1 pit stop. How he got so many laps out of the Option is beyond me. And why I need 3 stops I have NO idea.

It was fairly enjoyable if not lonely. I finished 4th...but only because I knocked a few AI's (accidentally). Also I was lapped by Rosberg. Ricciardo started in 12 (I qualified in 5th) but he beat me. Why? Because he was allowed to edit his setup and had 1 stop where I wasn't and was forced t have 3!!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people