Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fetrik

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 14, 2016, 08:03:24 PM
I was promised Bretonnia.

I thought that's supposed to be a free dlc sometime before the end of the year.

Pre-ordered beastmen. It is a little pricey but it's a lot of content so what the hell and it's warhammer.  :knuppel2:

Time to introduce the Minotaur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaeCyXX3zg0

Nefaro

So I expected the TW:W DLC to contain one race, and be rather pricey.

Now I'm hearing that ~25% of the Beastmen unit types, from the tabletop, were left out of this DLC.  Dev says due to increased cost of doing so.  Which, I believe, is a roundabout way of saying, "it would take too long" and disrupt their DLC release schedule (aka paydays).

Hopefully they get their rear in gear when producing future factions.  Which, if I understand correctly, will all be based on larger unit rosters than the Beastmen.  I'd rather they spent some extra time getting sizable rosters in these DLCs.  But time is money. 

Don't care for the small story-based campaigns in TWs, so the one included in the DLC is dead weight for me.  Gotta keep their team's script writers busy I suppose.

Just bummed the unit roster is reported to be small in this one.  :-[   Tubers gonna get preview copies so we'll see.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Fetrik on July 15, 2016, 11:26:08 AM
I thought that's supposed to be a free dlc sometime before the end of the year.

Me, too. But maybe that's the point; they decided since Bret was being semi-modded already by modders, they might as well go for the paying DLC first.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

FlickJax

Anyone tried the Beastmen DLC yet?

Nefaro

Quote from: FlickJax on July 29, 2016, 04:20:17 AM
Anyone tried the Beastmen DLC yet?

I'm checking out some campaign vids, but probably won't get it for a little while.  Still have base game campaigns to do (probably this weekend!)

Note: 

Even if you don't own the Beastmen DLC, they are still included as opponents in new campaigns.  O0

Gusington

Not sure wtf is going on in this trailer for the Grim & the Grave DLC but it's either the silliest stuff I've seen in the last five minutes or the most brilliant.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

What happened to their promise to release lots of free DLCs?

undercovergeek

The update also includes lots of free stuff

JasonPratt

That's all fine, but they're getting no more of my money until I can play a legitimate Bretonnian campaign.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 24, 2016, 07:26:49 AM
That's all fine, but they're getting no more of my money until I can play a legitimate Bretonnian campaign.

I feel the same way for high elves and slaven

Nefaro

Didn't some Russian Hackers get post CA's planned DLC list awhile back?  Had heaps of faction expansions, with some of these smaller Lord & Unit packs in between.

Thus far, it's been proven to be true.

The most notable omission, for me, has been the big blank empty forest where the Wood Elves should be.  Just sitting there on the map, glaring at us.

undercovergeek

Whilst I lament the absence of the wood elves how are you going to portray a faction that doesn't come out of the forest and wants to remain unseen and undisturbed in a game that definitely wants you to come out of the forest, be seen and be disturbing?

What would your victory conditions be?

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 25, 2016, 02:03:05 AM
Whilst I lament the absence of the wood elves how are you going to portray a faction that doesn't come out of the forest and wants to remain unseen and undisturbed in a game that definitely wants you to come out of the forest, be seen and be disturbing?

Well.. isn't this supposed to be a time of "Total War"?  I'm really not too concerned with suspension of disbelief when it comes to high fantasy settings.  Even WHF.

At least the Welves already have a home location on the map.  I wonder what they're gonna do with the Skaven?  Add some kind of special under-cities to already existing (and owned) regions?  Or squeeze in some new map zone(s)?  I noticed the future DLC leak mentioned that the map is supposed to be expanded quite a bit, in the future, to accommodate later factions (Helves, Delves, Lizard Men, Chaos Dwarves, etc) so maybe they'll be a later addition too.  Dunno.

Freyland

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 25, 2016, 02:03:05 AM

"How not to be seen".

Gusington

If they expanded the map underground like in Age of Wonders III - that would be great.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd