Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on March 06, 2017, 02:12:14 PM
So is the consensus that TW: Warhammer is the easiest to beat in the series?

Consensus? That's a rare beast on these forums. That's what makes the GrogHeads great!   :D

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on March 06, 2017, 02:12:14 PM
So is the consensus that TW: Warhammer is the easiest to beat in the series?

99.9% of gamers find it hard, tales of woe up and down the internet

Solops, who paid 20 for Dlc and tries to pretend he doesn't know it's proper name finds it easy

You decide

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 06, 2017, 05:42:29 PM
Quote from: Gusington on March 06, 2017, 02:12:14 PM
So is the consensus that TW: Warhammer is the easiest to beat in the series?

99.9% of gamers find it hard, tales of woe up and down the internet

Solops, who paid 20 for Dlc and tries to pretend he doesn't know it's proper name finds it easy

You decide
Easiest to me. Attila is the hardest, imo. Yeah, bought the DLC and never booted it. All I remember is the big goat boy in the advertisement. I am sure it has a slick name that passed out of the marketing dept. I learned by playing a couple of of Empire campaigns and then tried the orcs for a change. What I think people will find is that no matter how bad things may be in the short term, the AIs inability to formulate and stick to a long term strategy will allow a human to squirm out of bad situation if they do not panic. Beast-something, right? I refuse to cheat and go look it up.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Gusington

Hmm Attila kicked my ass for months and then suddenly I won two campaigns in a row. One as the Ethiopians and one as the...Geats, IIRC. So maybe Warhammer will be doable for me as well. We'll see.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

#830
Attila is the hardest but I don't think Warhammer is necessarily the easiest. Depends on what faction you play. I found Empire Total War  to be pretty damned easy
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

solops

Yes. I want to try the vamps. They might be different (?).
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Gusington

I'm toying with playing them my first playthrough.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

Quote from: Gusington on March 06, 2017, 10:10:56 PM
I'm toying with playing them my first playthrough.

Just play it goddammit :)

jomni

Won the campaign at first try. It's not easy though. Played Dwarf. But I have to admit that it's probably becsuse it caught my attention and had that very strong one more turn itch unlike other iterations (except Shogun).

Martok

I suspect how easy -- or difficult -- the game is depends a lot on who you play as.  The main Dwarf clan seems to be pretty easy, whereas playing Clan Angrund (under Belagar Ironhammer) feels considerably more difficult.  Similarly, I would argue that the Bretonnia factions are a little trickier to play as than The Empire. 

It reminds me a lot of the varying difficulties between factions in the original STW and MTW, which is not necessarily a bad thing IMO. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

W8taminute

After playing the Greenskins seven time and failing miserably seven times I started a new game as The Empire.  I have kept the difficulty level at 'Normal'.  This is a totally different game than my Greenskin forays were.  I can't believe just switching to another faction makes the game a totally different experience.  That fact alone and the way it's been implemented in this game makes me think this might be the best TW game evah.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

mikeck

I think it is. It's not my favorite; but it's the most well developed, executed and polished TW game
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on March 11, 2017, 05:26:22 PM
After playing the Greenskins seven time and failing miserably seven times I started a new game as The Empire.  I have kept the difficulty level at 'Normal'.  This is a totally different game than my Greenskin forays were.  I can't believe just switching to another faction makes the game a totally different experience.  That fact alone and the way it's been implemented in this game makes me think this might be the best TW game evah.

It ain't easy bein' a Greeny.  ;)

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd