Hey, Jarhead! You know this Guy?

Started by LongBlade, July 21, 2015, 09:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

QuoteLos Angeles police investigating a man's death discovered an arsenal of more than 1,200 firearms and approximately two tons of ammunition in his home and garage Monday.

The Los Angeles Times reported that the unidentified man's decomposing body was found in his car, which was parked down the street from his Pacific Palisades home earlier Monday.

LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith told the paper the number of guns was "staggering."

"Our truck couldn't carry it all," Smith said. "We had to go back and make another trip." The Times reported that many of the guns had never been fired, and some were still in boxes with price tags attached.

source: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/21/los-angeles-police-find-stash-1200-guns-in-dead-man-home/
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Freyland

So, he died from a self-inflicted knife wound, then?

JasonPratt

He fell on a knife five times. {/RunningScaredjoke}
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

LongBlade

The mystery deepens. First, he told his girlfriend he was a "secret agent."

QuoteLash and Nebron were together for 17 years and she believed him when he told her that he worked as an undercover operative for multiple unnamed government agencies, Braun said.

"The story itself sounds totally crazy but then how do you explain all this?" Braun said. "There's no evidence he was a drug dealer or he stole these weapons, or had any criminal source of income, no stolen property, all the stuff you'd look for."

LAPD Deputy Chief of Detectives Kirk Albanese said there's no indication the man was doing anything illegal with the weapons. Detectives were reviewing everything, but so far the guns appeared to be registered to him. Many were still in boxes or had price tags.

Then he may (or may not) have been dying of cancer.

QuoteNeighbors thought Lash was dying of cancer because he appeared to be degenerating over the past year, but Lash told Nebron that he had been exposed to nerve-damaging chemicals on a mission and his condition was worsening.

He apparently died of natural causes.

QuoteBraun said Nebron and two friends were in a car at a supermarket early July 4, when Lash felt hot and had trouble breathing. For three hours they tried to ice him down.

"He wouldn't go to a hospital and didn't want any 911 call," Braun said. When he died, Nebron parked him in a car down the street from the condo they shared, the lawyer said.

Police say they don't believe there was any foul play involved in his death, but the official cause has been deferred pending further investigation.

They guy told his girlfriend that she should put his body in his car and park it on the street where it would be taken care of. After she noticed his body still there ten days later she called the cops...who took care of things from there.

This is starting to sound like a guy who was a gun nut who just happened to have told a bunch of tall tales.

source: http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015/07/22/mystery-man-found-decomposing-in-car-had-more-than-1200-guns-cash-underwater-car/

Jarhead0331

The media must be so frustrated that there really is no story here.

When I came across this story, my first reaction was, "so? what's the issue? There is no crime in owning a lot of guns and ammo."

Its as if the media automatically assumes you are crazy or a criminal if you own what they describe as an "arsenal".  I don't have anything approaching what this guy had, but I can promise you if I was to die under suspicious circumstances and my home was searched, they could very easily say the same thing about me. Yet, I'm just a regular, law abiding, tax paying, family man.

I can see the headlines now..."Local lawyer found dead, arsenal of military weaponry and ammo discovered in his quiet suburban home."
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

Guns or not, being a lawyer is enough for the media to think you're crazy :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 23, 2015, 08:17:59 AM

When I came across this story, my first reaction was, "so? what's the issue? There is no crime in owning a lot of guns and ammo."

Its as if the media automatically assumes you are crazy or a criminal if you own what they describe as an "arsenal".  I don't have anything approaching what this guy had, but I can promise you if I was to die under suspicious circumstances and my home was searched, they could very easily say the same thing about me. Yet, I'm just a regular, law abiding, tax paying, family man.

I can see the headlines now..."Local lawyer found dead, arsenal of military weaponry and ammo discovered in his quiet suburban home."

100% agree.

I posted this here for you, JH, because I thought you might be interested in benchmarking his collection against yours. I didn't figure you had 1000 guns, but it's nice to know some folks do.

IIRC in that last link I posted he had six tons of ammo in the house. Not bad for city folk  ^-^

Jonathan Glazer

If you are planning on checking out soon, I would appreciate a heads up so I can help cart away the incriminating evidence.  I will leave the realdoll there.  Let them find that.

LongBlade

Quote from: Jonathan Glazer on July 23, 2015, 03:14:26 PM

If you are planning on checking out soon, I would appreciate a heads up so I can help cart away the incriminating evidence.  I will leave the realdoll there.  Let them find that.

I'll help you. We can split the "inheritance."

Jonathan Glazer

Quote from: LongBlade on July 23, 2015, 04:48:03 PM
Quote from: Jonathan Glazer on July 23, 2015, 03:14:26 PM

I'll help you. We can split the "inheritance."
That's fair.