Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Was on for 5 minutes FPS stayed over 70, logged out and put my settings back up a little higher, still staying over 70 FPS. I'll be on more later, if it holds im heading toward the hub, i'm a long ways off. Thx AT.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Flywheel

I've been set at the beginning AGAIN! the map is FOW so all my waypoints have gone and I am having to start over. Is this just me or has the game restarted from scratch? I ask that because it is now Day 1 on the clock. Hell of a long way from where Hub should be so wont be able to trek their for a while. On a more positive note I spent about 15 minutes in-game and the frame-rate stayed perfect.
Hold my beer and watch this!

Flywheel

Just noticed my friends list is empty so it must be a clean start, this is a good opportunity for any survivalists who want to join up.

-budd-

I'm been playing for a couple of hours holding steady over 70FPS, think were good to go. I'm at 340N X 2700E spawned at the corner of 3 biomes, snow,desert,green. Spent the day collecting yucca, corn and other resources, come morning im heading toward the hub. Here's a tip get a bunch of wood and grass and stone and during the night craft a bunch of wooden clubs and stone Ax's , just toss them, it ups your skills faster, i made about 30 Ax's and clubs so far. See ya at the hub.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Flywheel on August 27, 2016, 02:13:26 AM
I've been set at the beginning AGAIN! the map is FOW so all my waypoints have gone and I am having to start over. Is this just me or has the game restarted from scratch? I ask that because it is now Day 1 on the clock. Hell of a long way from where Hub should be so wont be able to trek their for a while. On a more positive note I spent about 15 minutes in-game and the frame-rate stayed perfect.

Yes, it is a "clean wipe".
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

OJsDad

Quote from: -budd- on August 27, 2016, 08:22:00 AM
I'm been playing for a couple of hours holding steady over 70FPS, think were good to go. I'm at 340N X 2700E spawned at the corner of 3 biomes, snow,desert,green. Spent the day collecting yucca, corn and other resources, come morning im heading toward the hub. Here's a tip get a bunch of wood and grass and stone and during the night craft a bunch of wooden clubs and stone Ax's , just toss them, it ups your skills faster, i made about 30 Ax's and clubs so far. See ya at the hub.

I found two things to up skills last round.

1.  When mining, if you have the materials, make gunpowder while mining.

2.  If you have something going in the forge, if you open it you'll get points. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Flywheel

Here's a tip get a bunch of wood and grass and stone and during the night craft a bunch of wooden clubs and stone Ax's , just toss them, it ups your skills faster, i made about 30 Ax's and clubs so far.

If nothing else I craft wooden spikes, lots of them as they are always useful to have in quantity.

ArizonaTank

So the problem is not the server then.  If it was, we would have seen the problem again.  The problem must have been related to our "saved" game somehow. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Rekim

I think the fortress in Hub city was overbuilt. Every room was illuminated, and that place was humongous. Too much lighting causes lag. This issue is noted in several threads on the 7DTD support forum, so is at least a possibility.

Rekim

should clarify; by overbuilt I mean in terms of what the game can handle..

Flywheel

Quote from: Rekim on August 27, 2016, 12:55:54 PM
I think the fortress in Hub city was overbuilt. Every room was illuminated, and that place was humongous.

Now that could easily be the case, the place was vast!

-budd-

he's right, too many torches. They don't give off the light they used and with a mining helmet dont need as many. Back in hub city at the tower :) , i'll use less torches. Its the underground where i had a ton, about every 20 ft and had some long tunnels.

OJsDad

Replace torches with spotlights, where possible?
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

Or maybe with candles? Could be the same flicker issue.

I was on with Fly, Budd, and OJD (and OJDjr swapping out) for several hours this afternoon, and the only skippiness I noticed was late in my run when the supply plane flew over.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

Well bunking in the tower, not even close to secure. Remember what first happened when we got hit in the tower OJ :)

i get back on and go out the door and whamo, yea they got in again, just like last time running up and down the stairs. Dogs got me twice, when the above shots were from me respawning and jumping out the window to lead them off, friggin day 9 horde. Spent most of time trying to work a thing i managed in SP with an under water base, problems so far. There's no front door anymore to the tower, ladder to window left of front door. All the stuff is up where we had it last time OJ. There's already a tunnel to the water, bottom of ele follow the tunnel. i looted the working stiff and part of the big shotgun messiah, thats it.