Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ArizonaTank

#135
Quote from: -budd- on December 28, 2015, 12:22:08 AM
well i went back to the smaller city, fell in a hole on the way. Had to make a ladder to climb out, fell off the ladder and died :) it was a deep hole. Went back for my backpack and dogs jumped me to the tune of 5 deaths.  I labeled a safe house by the city it has some weapons and stuff, backdoor code is the usual. Finally got to the city and looted the bookstore and the tool shop, alas no auger. I left some schematics in the chests for anyone. the city still has a lot of loot left, i'll be going back. I found a coat so maybe i'll take a run at the freezing main city at 0.0 .Someone else was on didn't recognize the name and didn't respond to a greeting, no idea. I'll probably push on past the smaller city down where the road forks. I think the forge isn't working right suddenly i cant forge iron and still haven't found an anvil book. I was getting some low FPS numbers, usually run in the 70's but was going down to the teens. Thanks for shoring up the place Jason.

I left some schematics in the red cabinet in my place as well. 

I did not need a book to make the anvil.  Just lots of iron.

Yes, thanks Jason for the spikes, will come in handy.  They already stopped one horde attack...:)
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

Budd, my unlocked chest upstairs in the final saferoom of your house (though I need to make an escape route like you've got), has a great coat and shirt -- maybe that's what you found? The shirt should be helpful for the snow-city run, too.

I decided a while back to put all my skill points into scavenging.  ^-^
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Oh, AzTank, have you tried reinstalling the Dec 24 update yet? One of the Steam users thought that this fixed the goofy desynch problem (where after a while the server partially loses track of you, even to the point of forgetting to plot the land nearby leaving only skybox).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 28, 2015, 11:17:01 AM
Oh, AzTank, have you tried reinstalling the Dec 24 update yet? One of the Steam users thought that this fixed the goofy desynch problem (where after a while the server partially loses track of you, even to the point of forgetting to plot the land nearby leaving only skybox).

Yes, I reinstalled this morning.  I was on for about 30 min., and did not see any issues.

Regards
Larry
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Bison

I'll be on in few days.  I have plans of an elaborate fort in the sky complete with fields and crafting stations.  I'd been working on the concept in my single player game.

JasonPratt

Well, I'm not sure if there are literal spider zombies (there are literal hornet zombies), but the feral zombies dang well crawl up whatever they like. As far as I can tell from my admittedly limited experience with them.

That limited experience would be the 28th Night on the server recently, which Budd and I happened to be online for. No less than 2 hordes at Budd's house, possibly 3 or 4. Died multiple times. In hindsight I should have done what Budd did, and run off in the night with a pack of meat to draw them on and off the spikes.

The house still hadn't been completely refurbished when I had to sign off and go to work. In fact, I packed my bag and much of the tech and abandoned the house in case it was too "human hot" to feasibly camp out in for a while -- but I got killed while leaving, and spawned out far enough that I had to camp at AzTank's house for the next night. Still, I got the tech back to Budd's house before quitting for work this afternoon.

I wonder if fields work underground...? It's probably time (and past time) to be moving into the substrata.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Or, more tactically, until we can get an underground warren going, we should be trying to spread out to three or four bases more or less equidistant from each other (but at least a quarter day's walk away) so that we can be spreading out the 'human heat bloom' that accrues in a place.

Still, I can't help but like the idea of a skybase. :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

It's interesting to compare with Budd's AAR (here at the Digital AAR category) from a year and a half ago.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rekim

I was hiding out in a house with a forge on the bottom floor for the day 21 horde. It was tough going as I only had one day to prepare and the horde turned out to be much bigger than I expected. I thought it was going to be the usual 7-day sized horde as it was the first one I'd experienced on this map. It was definitely bigger than that. I had a couple of weak lines of defense in place, the last one being a wood frame stand up near the ceiling. The horde was so big I found myself hiding up in my loft quite quickly. Eventually cop spew undermined the wood frames and I came crashing down into a mosh pit of zombies. Luckily I was able to fight my way to a window and leap out into the night and run like hell. It was 3am and with 2 beer in my pack I was good to go until the sun came up. Not much left of the house when I came back, but the forge is still there. I left my anvil in the forge in case anyone is in need, but alas I forgot to jot down the lat/long once again. Am currently working on a safehouse not far away from it in a town about 3 Km north of the area where most players are camping out at the moment.

Bison

Eventually you really need safe bases in all of the different biomes and near the major town. 

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Rekim on December 28, 2015, 07:37:30 PM
I was hiding out in a house with a forge on the bottom floor for the day 21 horde. It was tough going as I only had one day to prepare and the horde turned out to be much bigger than I expected. I thought it was going to be the usual 7-day sized horde as it was the first one I'd experienced on this map. It was definitely bigger than that. I had a couple of weak lines of defense in place, the last one being a wood frame stand up near the ceiling. The horde was so big I found myself hiding up in my loft quite quickly. Eventually cop spew undermined the wood frames and I came crashing down into a mosh pit of zombies. Luckily I was able to fight my way to a window and leap out into the night and run like hell. It was 3am and with 2 beer in my pack I was good to go until the sun came up. Not much left of the house when I came back, but the forge is still there. I left my anvil in the forge in case anyone is in need, but alas I forgot to jot down the lat/long once again. Am currently working on a safehouse not far away from it in a town about 3 Km north of the area where most players are camping out at the moment.

This game makes for some great stories...  Of course most of them have us running around like frightened rabbits... 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 28, 2015, 04:35:18 PM
Or, more tactically, until we can get an underground warren going, we should be trying to spread out to three or four bases more or less equidistant from each other (but at least a quarter day's walk away) so that we can be spreading out the 'human heat bloom' that accrues in a place.

Still, I can't help but like the idea of a skybase. :D

Underground works pretty well.  Just need lots of light.  Zombies spawn in the darkness...or at least they used to. I usually try to build an escape tunnel anyway.

Once we know how to build with concrete and steel, we can go back above ground.  Really hard for them to pound through reinforced concrete.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

That city may be where budd and I were looting back around 7pm my time. (I may not be able to go back into the game for a little while, tho.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rekim

#148
Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 28, 2015, 08:07:25 PM
Underground works pretty well.  Just need lots of light.  Zombies spawn in the darkness...or at least they used to. I usually try to build an escape tunnel anyway.

Once we know how to build with concrete and steel, we can go back above ground.  Really hard for them to pound through reinforced concrete.

Your sleeping bag prevents zombies from spawning for a 30 block radius. Not sure what part light/darkness has to play with spawning.

-budd-

Still looting the small town been holed up in the pharmacy for 5 days. Had a wandering hoard come by. Jason you were right about the bottoms, i didn't realize it at first. I have everything stashed in the cabinets on the wall opposite the roof hatch. Just not much food, been eating as i loot. Still need a forge and im looking for a water source. Broke into the power plant lots of metal, springs and cable, it would make a nice base with the fenced perimeter. Im not even half way done looting the town, if you see a door cut open on a house i've been there already. I started looting around the perimeter, nothing on the inside of town yet, i'm still not done with the perimeter. I've seen all the animals around so there's a food source, just need to find  pond or something. Wonder why they stopped getting water from toilets. The door code is ace if it works, if not the roof hatch is unlocked, i need to knock another rung off the ladder to help prevent climbers. I need to get some forged iron to repair my tools so i may make a run to base. I'm out of feathers so i had to resort to the 9mm to defend myself and my torch ;D burn zombie burn

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.