Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I thought you only needed hides to make a bellow? And an iron pipe and something else more basic.

Leather comes from refining hides, which you can do anywhere at any time, but you have to read a book on leatherworking first.

(Rather more annoyingly, this will only open up a few of the wearable leather items, the boots and gloves and hood if I recall correctly. You'll need at least one more book, maybe more, to unlock leather armor things.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Right, 8 wood, 1 short iron pipe, 12 animal hides
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

OJsDad

OK, hides.  How do I get those.  I've killed a pig and a deer and didn't get any.  After I kill them, I whack them with my stone axe and get some meat and bones.  No hides though. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

One more question.  I've found a gun safe.  Of course it's locked.  Is the only way to get into it to break into it or is there another secret to getting into it (and locked doors)
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

OK, for the hides I need a knife, like a bone shiv it looks like

Rekim

Quote from: OJsDad on January 13, 2016, 03:09:08 PM
OK, hides.  How do I get those.  I've killed a pig and a deer and didn't get any.  After I kill them, I whack them with my stone axe and get some meat and bones.  No hides though.

In order to gather hides from a dead animal you must butcher it using a straight edged tool/weapon, ie a knife. Using a axe or blunt weapon will gain you a small amount of meat and bones only.

Rekim

Quote from: OJsDad on January 13, 2016, 03:11:20 PM
One more question.  I've found a gun safe.  Of course it's locked.  Is the only way to get into it to break into it or is there another secret to getting into it (and locked doors)

brute force is the only way to gain access to a locked safe, which typically means beating the shit out of it with something. I guess explosives might be an option, but not without risks

Rekim

Quote from: OJsDad on January 13, 2016, 05:14:48 PM
OK, for the hides I need a knife, like a bone shiv it looks like

I guess I should of read further before answering  :))

-budd-

Quote from: OJsDad on January 13, 2016, 03:11:20 PM

grab a wrench they beat them open quicker, i have a few in the tool chest.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

I think OJ is playing solo right now.  :)

JasonPratt

Yeah, basically the first time you cut anything up with your axe the moment you see a harvested bone stop immediately, go to your inventory, click on that bone, and recipes for the bones, and get that shiv. Then go back to work on the animal with your shiv a few second later.

Try not to get killed by zombies meanwhile, if possible, but you knew that already.  :))

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 12, 2016, 10:21:52 PM
Unfortunately, this was one of the times they could smell me, thanks to a zombie dog pack (at least). So I had the charming prospect of waiting the night out listening to their horrible growls, or signing out. But I wasn't sure if I signed out there that the computer would know to drop me underground. In past experiences, the only safe place to sign out is on my bedroll where there's enough vertical room to drop me -- signing out in the tunnel can be a death sentence, if it drops me above ground in the middle of a problem!

So I put everything safely in my backpack, crept as quickly as I could over to my bedroll, and signed out. But not before I could hear the horde banging at my fort, having followed me over thanks to the dogs. sigh.

Hopefully they'll be gone by the time I sign back in tomorrow (or whenever). How much damage they'll have done, who knows? Going back to ShotMess before someone else loots it, seems more distant than ever...

What other game has the player cringing in dark holes all night, waiting for the bad things to go away? 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

OJsDad

I'm jumping back and forth between the online game and a solo game.  You guys are so far ahead of me that I need to go solo to learn the basics. 

BTW, this game is awesome.  As AT just said, sitting there all night listening to the sounds, not knowing if the dead really know where you're at or if they're just passing is nerve racking. 

JasonPratt

The game cheats in that regard, because it'll make them sound a lot closer than they actually are, when you're hiding. Mainly to screw with your nerves. :knuppel2:

JasonPratt

Oh, and I was fine when I logged back in briefly tonight, although oddly it's hard to say if I would have been. I didn't drop in where I dropped out, on my roll; I dropped in back at the top of my new little pit in the tunnel, which is where I had secured all my things in my backpack and then crept forward to drop out before the horde followed me over to start attacking my little above-fort -- apparently unsuccessfully!

I don't know if I desynched or not. But I didn't complain!

(Well, I complained about signing in right before sundown again when I wouldn't have time to work on upgrading my little fort, but that was a random problem.)