Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Plans tonight:

1.) Ride minibike back to where I lost a minibike in the forest north of my ridgetower. Status: accomplished.

2.) Use micrograss and minimum trees to find my lost minibike, whereupon i would mark it on the map and come back with coffee. Status: failed.

3.) Fix door to Ridgetower after frozen lumberjack managed to batter down an iron door, replace it with a vault. Status: still to do.

4.) Pick up AK47 parts from Deepbase1, see if I have enough to make a whole gun. Status: picked up.

5.) Make an AK-47.

Now I have a machine gun.

Ho
Ho
Ho
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

Jake was playing solo the other day, and figured out how to turn on cheat mode.  He was loading up with sniper rifle and machine guns. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

They are nice! We have a spare 10mm smg. I don't think we have a spare sniper rifle yet, or another AK47, but we have three or four 44 mags and aside from their terrible reload time they do the job. And Budd swears by his smg I think. (I don't know what model it's supposed to be... what's a 10 mm submachine gun??? Kind of looks like something from WW2.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 19, 2016, 04:39:28 PM
I know you said so earlier, AT, but I'm wondering if that code is broken -- starting new games on your server (before and after the most recent update), I had trouble with zombies almost immediately. I couldn't possibly have been level 12 either time. I doubt I ever got to level 12 on the first world, before the update required a restart!

oh well...I guess the only advice then is...when you see zombies, run like hell....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

well i made it back from burning town, cured my infection. Brought the engines and batteries back and all that gas and oil drums.Didn't get the chance to circle the town but looked like the gas station and info center was the only highlight. I need to go back and loot the info center or maybe leave it for another time, place is 110 degrees so you over heat rapidly and burn through water. I think i'll head east next time, think another city is around there somewhere. I made a bunch of ammo 100 rounds of 7.62 and some 9mm, left some bullet tips and cases in the chest also.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

I was just logged on.  When I logged on, it was about 7am.  I did some mining, and looking around at all of the improvements that have been made.  I stayed in the fort for the night and the next morning decided to go exploring a little.  I headed south up the forested hill to see what was that way.  It started to turn to desert, but the map never generated, just stayed blue.  I worked my way east and came back into town, but the map was missing there also.  Then, all of the sudden, the map disappeared under me.  I fell some, but not far, then stopped.  I logged out at that time.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

Ouch! Yeah, if the map isn't generating, you're desynch'd. You need to quit immediately and log back in.

For what it's worth, before I discovered that, I discovered that if you get near the 'map edge' and punch the ground or hit it with a tool, the map will fill in some random amount!

That little sliver of desert south of Budd's Pharmabase is hilarious. And useful since it features pretty much everything you could want from a desert, and if you start to overheat you can zip immediately into the forest trees to the north.

I tried hard to reach Budd in the new burning town, but the game kept desynching under me. One result being that it teleported my minibike directly into a large rock (where, last time I was there, it still lived an undead death of its own sort, making weird noises). I marked it on my map to return with a sledge to try to set it free, and also marked it with a staircase of wood frames and torches. I guess I should count myself fortunate I was only a long par 4 from Pharmabase, and so didn't have any trouble making it back before dark.

Budd, did the burning town look like it was on the true map edge? Or is it only a local burning area? I noticed something north of hub city (not near where you were, much west of that) once when I was defending your original house base and thought it was lost so picked up as much as I could including my bag to evacuate the material safely -- and then got killed (but didn't lose much of anything important on my toolbelt, this being early game) and so randomly respawned up there. Looking around I saw a patch of smoke like from a burning area to the northwest of where I spawned, which I took to be a burning area but I didn't think it could be the map edge already and it seemed localized. Logically I couldn't go exploring in that direction, needing to hike back to somewhere safe (namely AzTank's house) before sunset.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Also, that little sliver of desert is the only desert I've heard of on this map yet (much less personally seen). I don't think even half the map has been explored yet, though, so there may be more and a lot more elsewhere.

Generally a desert is only good for harvesting sand (to make glass) and Yucca cactus (to eat yucca fruit or make yucca tea from it).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

No don't believe burning town was map edge.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

BanzaiCat

Finally fired this up and thought I'd poke around, but I can't see an "Unofficial" or "Grog" anything listed under Modded Servers. Is it down? Sorry if I've missed some change listed in the thread, here...

OJsDad

you can filter the list by typing 'grog'.  Once you connect to the server the first time, everytime after that it'll be a the top.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

I did...I searched for "grog," "invitational," "unofficial," and short combinations thereof. It's not showing up for me for some reason.

OJsDad

When searching for a server, there is a row of icons.  The first looks like a planet, the second a light bulb.  Click on the light bulb.  The type 'grog' into the search.  Give it a bit.  You'll notice the numbers in going up.  I think the first time I found the server it was in the 2000's. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

Ok...maybe I didn't give it enough time. It was only three-hundred-some-odd servers listed, though I gave it about 5-6 minutes and the number of them didn't increase. It's been a while since I've played multi on a server, so I'll give it more time next time I log in. Thanks.

-budd-

I finally reached the map edge, the radiation zone at 9950 degrees east. Found a couple of big towns and a small town, and various POI along the way. It was a 3 day trek, ran into 3 hordes and a feral  horde which came up on me in the dark, i ran my ass off as my ammo was starting to get low. I started with about 300 rounds and was down to a few in the 44 and about 40 in the SMG, the 9 was empty when the feral horde scared the shit out of me, can't hear shit when your upgrading. I was on my way back to base from the map edge and after having just crossed a desert and overheating and since my food was gone i was surviving on yucca fruit when i found a house right on the edge of the desert but in a tree zone. I figure to hole up for the rest of the night as i could only travel in the desert at night because of the heat. So i craft a door and i was upgrading it when i hear this terrible scream and get hit and i  turn around and their coming in the back door right on top of me, that door was reinforced metal on the back. I quick switch to the smg and hold the trigger down and back away. Luckily i had remembered to put my armor back on after taking everything off in the desert, only thing that saved me, then i ran. I keep making my way back to base when i come upon a big ass lake and i start to circle outline around it and ............................ i get jumped by a bear and die....i held down the trigger of my smg but only had a few rounds left, death by bear. I frigging hate leaving my backpack out there, only thing i really lost was my smg as i had put my empty 44 and 9 in the backpack. All the engines [6] and batteries [5] and the med supplies i had looted form the a couple pill places i came across were all in my backpack. I'm determined to go back so i build a bike, gas up and start taking off when i supply plane comes by and drops a crate pretty much right on top of me. Well guess what was in it, SMG baby. I figure there was a small chance of getting there and back without gliching out, so i retire for the night. I marked the towns on the map, 2 are burning towns and 1 is not. If you get out that way get my backpack will ya its right on the lake shore.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.