Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: OJsDad on January 25, 2016, 10:55:24 AM
That's a good theory.  I was wondering something along the same lines.  If they don't detect us, do they have a need to spawn and destroy.

Until yesterday I would have said the zombies have a limited "memory", less than 2 min I believe. 

However, yesterday, after three attacks, I was out of ammo and I just escaped to the nearby woods.  I watched from a distance as the horde continued to trash my place. I clearly wasn't there anymore, but they continued to "attack". 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

its why i choose to go underground. Get tired of the repair. I do like building, but i'll do an underground liar and some defenses first and then a structure. I'm just not sure anything is defendable at this point, but its fun to try. I think the constant hordes have to do with player level, i wonder if lower level players off on their own are getting hit as much........the games is out to get us ;D. like i said they just kept spawning and trashing the power station, i was watching from off a ways. Its a lot more cops and those monkey crawling ones. I know they keep coming as long as the screamer is around and sensing you. How you doing with the screamer AZ, got to get to her quick. One things for sure....there never is enough ammo.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Hey Budd.  Jake was on earlier, and he told me he made ammo.  I logged on and I had 30 each of 9mm, 10mm, 44, and Shotgun.  I got to looking around, and I didn't see any brass in the chest.  I also looked in the forge, and looks like it is all gone there.  Did you log on and make a bunch or did he somehow use it all up.  I didn't even know my character could make bullets.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

havent been on today, there was some brass waiting to go into the forge. if the forge is empty and there's none in the chest were out. no idea, thought there was more, might have to scrounge some. I think all i have is some 7.62 for the hunting rifle. Check the list when you open the forge look for the solid book, if its transparent you cant make the casings.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

Just went on and checked things out. OJ the brass is still there, i made some ammo and left it in the chest for you, about 200+ rounds of 10mm, 9mm, and 44. I repaired the door to the close in shack i built and loaded some brass and lead in the forge. I'm on like for less the 10 minutes and i hear some noise up top so of course i go to check it out............pop up in the shack out in the woods and first thing i see are some dogs heads sticking through the door. So i start shooting them when big boy feral zombie comes popping over my 3 block high with a layer of wood spikes on top and drops into my lap and then monkey boy gliches through the door, this shack on the inside is about 5X6 blocks. I'm trying to avoid big ugly, i decide to throw open the door and blast my way past the zombies with my 44. Well after 6 shots and im still not out its time to change plans, so i head to the ladder on my back wall where i left an opening thru the wood spikes on top. It is freaking amazing i survived to get out.Those big feral zombies look pretty big up close. This is one large feral horde which of course starts chasing me, so im backing down the road shooting as im going and as per usual a dog gets me from the back, so down drops the back pack with all the weapons. Well when i respawned the game gliched and i had to rejoin, of course the horde was gone. I went back to get my back pack and started forging some ammo just a few minutes later i hear the screaming, i run back out to the shack to get outside to locate the screamer, if you get to her quick you can avoid the horde, so i offed the B*tch. Back down again to make ammo, few minutes later...screaming again, so i run out again to locate the B*tch and again i cap her quick so no horde. go back to forging cement and ammo and guess what.....wandering dog horde..shit...so i cap the dogs and log off. Man i was on for less than an hour. I did get a screen of the screamer this time. you hear her get her quick.


OJ.. things we need. There is a lot of stone on the roof in one of those chests i've been starting it and churning out cement for later use. just put it in one of the chests on the roof, i cleared the building so hopefully its still clear. We need coal, surprised Jake didnt get more when mining, it burns longer than wood in the forge. We need more brass and need to do some hunting for meat. I made some bandages and managed to get a supply drop with a few first aid kits. I didnt have time to scout out for the next base yet, basically any scrounging is good. I'm carrying my ammo so take what you want from the chest, eventually were gonna need more brass. The only place besides searching stuff is car radiators for brass. Thank Jake for all the mining he did.....O we also need feathers, need to kill some chickens.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Note: steel pickaxes need forged steel to repair, not a repair kit. I don't think the game will let you waste those on a pickaxe, though, so trying won't hurt, but don't set it aside to try in an emergency!


Feral zombies practically ignore even spike logs. I watched a feral the other night, during the disaster at Pharmabase, walk completely all the way down a trench filled with spike logs. Not just spikes, spike logs. (Admittedly, I don't think anyone had upgraded those spikes any.) And then climb out at the end and start attacking a door. He must have taken some damage, but I still needed plenty of shots from the best guns (Mag, AK, 10mm SMG) to finish him. One of his legs went first (maybe not surprisingly), and EVEN THEN he was able to stand up quickly and hop around. A hard shot would knock him off balance and down, but he'd just get up again quickly.

Feral zombies are the worst. Except maybe for zombie bears, but I don't have any experience there. Zombie bears are certainly faster.


Zombies will pound at things until the things break, and then may start up again on nearby things or not. I've seen and heard zombies breaking rocks near Deepbase1, purely out of meanness. Including zombie dogs.


Lots of player activity in and around an area will draw the hordes, even if forges and firepits aren't being used, but their usage makes things proportionately worse. I've kept Deepbase1 small topside, and rarely do any actions up there, so I've had very little problems even when sabbath hordes show up. In fact, I'll use their ability to sense me underground to troll them away from the bunker and garage. And zombies dying makes zombies more hyper, too, so since I have no passive damage defenses upstairs anywhere, they eventually get bored around 6 am and disappear, leaving some scattered minihorde elements I can much more easily deal with.

At one point in the Pharmabase, I spent a couple of game hours trolling a moderate horde by using their detection of me in the tunnels to run them back and forth across spikes and related ditches. Soft-killed the whole horde: while some may have spawned from their anger at dying on the spikes, it wasn't nearly as much as from active resistance, and I kept them distracted from beating on the fortifications upstairs. OJD and I should have done that during the disaster at Pharmabase the other night, but...  :buck2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

Question on hanging tourches. Buds, how did you get tourches to hang on the wall. Right click doesn't work and it doesn't look like your using a frame.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Right click, just make sure your not to close to where u want to place it.

The big feral zombies don't seem to beat on anything, the spikes damage them it just takes a bit. Seen them walk the spike trench and lose there legs and end up crawling. Ill shoot them in the legs or head, my weapon skill is up so it doesn't take nearly as many bullets or arrows to kill them. I swear most of my deaths are from the dogs, the 9mm or smg are the best for dog hordes because rate of fire and capicity.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

The feral zombie was DEFINITELY beating on the western garage vault door; I caught another one beating on the mid-hall vault door, too (and clipping through it, so I shot him in the head). At least one more feral went after the western garage vault door later.

My first major horde, when we (almost?) lost your first house, the ferals beat the utter hell out of the upstairs rooms, where no one was around except me and I wasn't where they were attacking the walls. Eventually a feral got out onto your roof escape path, worked his way around to my room, and dug through the dang ceiling to drop in on me. Those were my first exposure to the big feral zombies.


Candles can be thrown onto walls (or anything else) like torches, too; but either way, you can run into some odd results in caves or tunnels where your lights end up attached to surfaces you can't see. The light still shines in the area, somewhat, but the light source itself won't be visible. BUT it can still be targeted for picking up again, and you can damage the source accidentally (or on purpose) with digging tools or whatever.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Going on a business trip.  Will be out of pocket until Friday evening, East Coast time  Hopefully no server restarts will be needed.  Been pretty stable for the last few weeks, so crossing my fingers.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

Quote from: ArizonaTank on January 26, 2016, 01:31:07 PM
Been pretty stable for the last few weeks, so crossing my fingers.

...no. No. No. No. No.

No.

It's as stable as... as... .... as

{trying to come up with a carefully nuanced and balanced simile}

...as Olivia Munn.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

Went on for bit, about 2 game days. First day didn't see a zombie or animal all day. Second day....well...a  little busier ;D

I got up on the roof in time to see them spawning, right where that clump is.


Thats my little sniper hut top right. I didnt hear a thing just went up to the sniper shack to place a spot light and low and behold a dog face in the door. Went back underground and came up my other tunnel and went on the roof for some sniping.Hoping to knock off the dogs and cops.



Eventually like the Doobie brothers sang....."Takin it to the streets" ... had over 100 rounds of the 9mm when it started, ran out and had to finish with the 44.






Total clean up...about 80 zombies..... about 150 rounds.....over 4 hours game time, no screamers this time, just one large horde.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

I just got back home and tried thought I'd jump on while eating lunch.  My desktop version upgraded to 13.7 while I was gone and the server is at 13.6, so I can no longer connect.  Looks like it was just released today.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

probably happen to me too once i open steam unless i stop the update. Az will update it when he gets a chance.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

My update has loaded in, so I have an excuse not to come back for a while, yay!  :D

(Posting Day 4 for my Empyrion AAR...)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!