Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OJsDad

I'm such a dumb arse.  It was the night of day 7.  I had my defenses ready.  I had a good set of weapons.  I hear the walkers banging away and dying on the spike traps.  So I decide to stand on a ledge and look over, and I fall.  Right on to my spikes.  Of course, forting up for day 7 horde, I couldn't get back in without going through spikes.  I died.  And I had almost no weapons in my chests.  So I start crafting a new on, up on the roof.  While I was screwing around with that, two walkers got up there and killed me.  I quit the game to clear them. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: -budd- on March 18, 2016, 09:16:45 AM
I'm good with them running at night or all the time. there really isnt much danger when they walk, you can always out run them and your pretty safe underground. You could play it safe and really not be in much danger of dying when they walk only except for the random horde or dog death.Wish they would have a setting when they only ran when they were locked onto you, there should be a setting between walk and run all the time.

OK, while we are waiting for the upgrade, I'll turn on running Zs at night.  But I'll also tone down their frequency....  Let's see what happens....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Rekim

I won't have time to try it out this week but am hopeful that A14 will drop before the long weekend. Fingers crossed for this as next week I should have plenty of time off.

I suffered many glitch deaths with both the first and second Grogheads MP sessions. Usually, I'd die the instant I logged in...for no apparent reason. I sure hope this gets better. Anyone else have this problem?

OJsDad

I haven't had the problem Rekim.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

I never died from glitch deaths logging in, on either this or the previous MP server (which I was only active on a few days admittedly). I did occasionally fall through the world and have to log out, although as things progressed in the 2nd world (perhaps thanks to an occasional patch?) that happened less often although things could still glitch pretty badly. I recall one of my last sessions, I was going to take Budd some supplies on the last bike remaining at Pharmabase, and it desynched into a boulder. I could even still hear it making some Godawful sound inside the boulder! I built a large, torch-lit stone arrow pointing at the boulder, so someone could come dig it out later, and hightailed it back to base just before nightfall.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rekim

I exaggerated a bit. I probably had 2 glitch deaths with each session. I was pretty annoyed though.

Funny glitch with the minibike. Wonder what would have happened if you took a pick axe to the bolder.

-budd-

As long as your careful you can dig it out. Had one glitch underground with just the handle bars showing, dug it out and continued on. Play with the last update don't believe I had any bike glitches like that.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

I don't recall if I've played since the last update, but that glitch was quite late in my career, and I don't clearly recall whether there has been a point upgrade since then or not.

I remember the incident Budd's talking about (which was much earlier in our play). Definitely the same glitch mechanic in involved both times: the server and/or the program desynchs the bike and plots its position increasingly far ahead of where the player and, apparently, the bike actually is. If the player catches this early, you can minimize problems by stopping the bike, getting off, and getting on again. After getting off, the bike will warp straight ahead to catch up with its plotted position -- which can be seen by a sharp eye as disturbed dirt on the ground ahead of you while riding, thus alerting you to stop and dismount while you can still control where the bike will 'land' and how far away it'll be -- but the program won't plot vertical difference or account for anything in the way.

That's how the bike can end up inside a hill or inside a rock; and/or 50 yards beyond where the player stops, if the glitch has been going on long enough, perhaps off in an unexpected direction if the player turns slightly during the stop before dismounting.

Very much a "glitch in the Matrix" moment when it happens.  ::) :P
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Gonna hit some SP until AT updates the server. Think i'll check the NAV map instead of random, to see the new stuff.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ArizonaTank

#476
Server updated....  have at it....  BTW, sounds like plenty of people getting crashes / freezes, but turning down the graphics a bit seems to help.  However, I jumped in a bit myself, and didn't have any trouble.  Enjoy...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rekim

Sweet. I'll jump on for a while tonight if I get the chance.

Did you do a reset AT?

Thanks!!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Rekim on March 27, 2016, 05:50:02 AM
Sweet. I'll jump on for a while tonight if I get the chance.

Did you do a reset AT?

Thanks!!

Yes, the release notes recommended not using a saved world from previous big releases.  The only problem I have with these mega releases is that we lose all of our work.   But we probably have about three months before the next big update.  So plenty of time to tunnel.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.