Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OJsDad

JP, to the NW of the Tower of Budd (his name is on the tower) are a number of lakes.  One is very large.  If your on again with Budd or me, we can send you a way point.  I don't remember exactly where you were last night so not sure how close.  Budd and I are in a snow biome, not sure how far north it goes, but you can use the snow for water also. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

True, I totally forgot that! We have a sizable snow biome nearby, maybe two. (Heck, where I spawned, I found the longest, narrowest sliver of biome I've ever seen: a strip of snow in some hilly forest scrubland! It was all kinds of hilarious.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

Patch 4 is out for Alpha 14.  Anyone that updated their client won't be able to connect until AT has a chance to patch the server.  He's traveling this week, so it may be a few days before he gets a chance to do this. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

The tower of budd is not ready for public viewing yet we are in construction phase. There shall be platforms and ramps and wonders as yet unseen, well something along those lines anyway if we can stop getting visits from the hordes. We really need a lead source, didn't get any from that mine. The base held up well on the last hordes, OJ did a good job securing it while I was wandering the country side.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

I don't think Jakes pipe bombs did too bad. I think I just need to get better with them.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

#515
Wow...



So... either this is a belated April Fool's joke being played by The Fun Pimps, or Telltale Games is bringing an alpha to console for a $30 list price, or the Pimps think the game will be in beta in less than two months and TTG will be bringing a beta to console for a $30 list price, or... wow...



I mean, if this is a prank, someone made a really nice (low budget) fan film for the FPs to use in their marketing. Well done!

If this isn't a prank, I guess I'm glad to see the FPs scoring the indie dev dream. But I can't wait for commentary from various internet reviewers on the propriety of doing it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

Really, this is not an alpha game. I don't know why they call it that unless their plans for the final version are way beyond what I've seen so far. This game is better than a lot of beta games in its current state.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

-budd-

Quote from: bbmike on April 07, 2016, 05:28:45 PM
Really, this is not an alpha game. I don't know why they call it that unless their plans for the final version are way beyond what I've seen so far. This game is better than a lot of beta games in its current state.

What he said^
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

From the 14.5 post

QuoteAnd for those of you haven't heard the news Telltale Publishing in conjunction with The Fun Pimps are bringing '7 Days to Die' to both consoles!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

ArizonaTank

#520
Sorry guys, left town and forgot my passwords.  Back now, the server is updated to the latest. All tested and ready to go...  Enjoy

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

OJsDad

Thanks AT.  Hope you had a good trip.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

They're calling it an alpha because they're being honest about (1) still adding new content and (2) still doing a lot of bug hunting, and relying on players to help with that. (Example: the servers are still desynching players from getting into boxes; still desynching the use key; and still generating skyholes in the ground.)

I fully support the team's honesty on that. And no doubt the gameplay at this point, even with the ongoing bugs and still-missing features, rivals many full releases. But I'm trying to figure out how the current situation is going to translate onto PS4 and XBone -- two somewhat different system architectures at that! Will they come with clear markers warning buyers the game is still a late alpha?  ???

What I'm worried about is that the game will be shat upon by console owners who will be getting still a quite buggy and feature-missing game. The FPs don't need an Arkham Knight-ish public relations disaster.

On the other hand, the topic should provide some grist for commentary on the state of the industry. Batman: AK was, after all, essentially released as a late alpha, too; and it seems like an increasing number of AAA games have been pushed out the door recently in less-than-honest states of development. Here's a darling indie game, beloved by many (myself included), who has been honest about its developmental process -- and now, before completion, it's going to console.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 10, 2016, 10:16:25 AM
They're calling it an alpha because they're being honest about (1) still adding new content and (2) still doing a lot of bug hunting, and relying on players to help with that. (Example: the servers are still desynching players from getting into boxes; still desynching the use key; and still generating skyholes in the ground.)


Its amazing to me to see how not only the industry has changed in the last eight years, but also the expectations of gamers.  I remember when Stardock released Elemental: War of Magic, they were eviscerated by the gaming public over bugs, and clunky gameplay.  Eventually, Stardock fixed everything, and now there is a good solid game there...but Stardock was whipped badly over the release. 

These days Stardock would just call it an alpha, and everyone would be cool with that.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.