Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

ArizonaTank

Server just updated to the latest version.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rekim

Yes indeed Budd. Would be awesome if we could triple team a horde some time.


OJsDad

Quote from: -budd- on June 27, 2016, 09:57:43 PM
OJ not sure how much time ill get this week. If you build a trench they will dig when they land in trench, we can try the concrete with spikes I've never tried that. i'd make at least 3 deep though, once the bodies build up they'll jump out. How about spikes on the walls too pointing in the trench.If i get time i'll make a mini and go pick up my drops i stashed every where. If we dont get calipers we need to start dumping our points into shotguns, thx for fixing up the place. Mike you should pop on down and bunk here for the next horde. Even though we got our asses handed to us it was fun.

I haven't had a chance to get on yet this week either. 

One other thought on the trench, I was going to put 1 block wall on the inside perimeter of the trench to give us a walkway.  It would also add 1 block height to make it harder for anyone to get back out. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

I just jumped on for a few minutes to check something.  I could not figure out how to get spikes to hang on a wall.  So I don't think we'll be able to do that in the trench.  With that, I'm thinking that the trench needs to be dug either 4 or 5 wide, with the two outside blocks being lined with cobblestone blocks.  We need to then go 4 deep with the bottom block also be cobblestone.  Cobblestone can be upgraded to concrete if we want, just need clay with cement. 

Line the bottom of the trench with log spikes fully upgraded.  That means we need a lot of iron.  Wood I'm not as worried about.  I've started a short tunnel from the snow biome heading south toward the grass biome.  Hopefully find a good vein. 

BTW, when I logged on, it was almost 2200 on day 55.  It's now day 56 at 0025.  So we won't have any work on the trench done by the time the next horde hits. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

At some point I gather the horde gets more random anyway.

Re putting spikes on wall: obviously this is what barbed wire (and related items?) are for. ;) But you may be able to stack spikes on each other, depending on whether the engine has been updated to prevent this. Spikes damage on block proximity, not on vertical drop reaction thrust.

In that sense I would suppose a ditch cross section would look like this:

dirt conc conc
dirt conc spike
dirt conc spike
dirt conc spike
dirt conc spike spike spike spike

And then the same pattern in reverse on the other side going up. The three block stretch in the middle would allow you to safely place some small hanging wood-frames (or scrap frames? -- something you can pick up again, strong enough to hold you up and hold together in the increasing physics engine) off the edge of the concrete overhangs in order to get down for repairing spikes more safely. But for wall spikes maybe read barbed wire and related articles.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

OJ i'm cool with anything, as long as i can fight from the street O0 . I've been thinking about some obstacles to put down to help me escape when needed. Definitely need some barb wire to slow them down, i've never been to successful jumping the barbwire though. Right now though our firepower sucks, need to up our shotgun skill, our best weapon right now is running them into the spikes ;D When i get back on and its not near horde day im thinking of building a mini and going to the other city up north to look for calipers and pick up my drops i left all over the place. I kinda like trying to defend the apartment building, been thinking about inside defenses also, there bound to get in.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rekim

running them into mines is tops in my book

I had a visit from the day 56 horde. Very mild for some reason. No more than 50 and zero ferals...unless the mines took care of them. They were all dead within an hour, and no more for the rest of the night. Never seen the likes of it.

OJsDad

I seem to remember that some 7 day hordes weren't always as bad as others. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

here some video's on alpha 15. Madmole will be putting out regular videos.






Grab some seed and build a treehouse base anywhere, I'm thinking a not too deep lake, plant the trees, once they grow build a treehouse base.Keep planting trees, keep expanding your base. Wonder if the zombies can beat the trees down, hope so.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

Well i made the run to pick up my drops, took about a full game day on the mini. Nothing really good, a bunch of medical supplies, brass and a lot of gas and barrels. The mini is parked at snow tunnel entrance, gas in the chest at snow tunnel end. I got the pillars up in front and upgraded a lot of them, 4 blocks high. Fixed up the spikes up front all in time for the horde. Wasn't going to stay on but wanted to see how the plan would work. Works good, but will have to make one adjustment, they still got over. The bodies piled so high that 4 got over the pillars, i started the fixing that but ran out of stuff. I didn't see any get or glich through so thats good, not even dogs. Big horde but no ferals or cops that i could see. I hit 3 working stiff shops while on the road, no calipers, i'm giving up on that, shotguns it is. We need a source of lead real bad. I made a couple of blunderbusses but no lead to make shot. 

Here's the laundry list: 600 pillar 50 and concrete to upgrade. The pillars can upgrade again with steel bars after the concrete. 300 barb wire, 300 iron bars roughly. The front is pretty solid/safe to go out.

May have to dig a ground block out and replace with iron. The ground block right inside the pillars, we'll have to see if they dig, the log spikes will have to go down first before they can dig.

Here's a few horde pic's. once they get high enough they can get over 2 blocks but i put an overhang up after these pics but didn't finish it. luckily they came from the front .




It was a pretty massive horde but no ferals or cops. You can see they get on top of the bodies and the barbwire,once there 3 blocks high they could get over the 4th block. 4 got over, 2 monkey boys, 1 nurse and the big boy. They fell through somewhat when they died but nothing got through, i thought the dogs would but not so far, most of them died on the spikes. you can loot and melee through the pillars so thats good.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Glad you idea worked Budd.

You didn't mention the ambush you got walking out the door on the night of what, day 58.  Three ferals and a couple of dozen others.  I don't think I've seen a feral outside of day 7. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

That was weird, ferals on a non-horde day. Its like step out the door, O shit, this feral is just running at me. Didn't notice the dogs at first, those ferals are fast.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

Got a bit done. Got the pillars put up all the way around,not upgraded. The overhang is up all the way around and there's doors to the yard and ladders from the overhang to the walkway around the building. I made barbwire put didnt get a chance to put it up or get the log spikes and spikes placed all the way around. I finished the tunnel you started, its at the green zone and as soon as i hit the green zone i hit lead so there lead in the forge and the chest along with a bunch of material. There's about 100 shotgun shells, 70 pipe bombs and a blunderbuss with ammo waiting for you, also i hit a military camp and we have about 70  mines. It was late morning day 70 when i logged out. There was another small feral horde that hit while i was securing, must be more common in the city. If you get online load up and look around, i'd wait out front, its the most prepared side.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

You can keep the shotgun shells for now, I don't have gun to use them with. 

It'll be tomorrow before I get a chance to log on again.

Glad the defenses worked. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.